ID, I have a list but I don't know which it is

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I have this iris, and I have a list of a bunch of names I've had over the years, but I don't know what goes with it.
I'm hoping someone may shout out a name that will ring a bell for me.

It just bloomed today, and did not get very tall, but the weather here has been cold so I'm sure it isn't acting normal.

Thumbnail by FrillyLily
Concord, NC

looks like a Ghio Intro..could be any one of these maybe.'Ocelot', 'Starring', 'Idol', 'Latte', 'Halloween Trick'..? is it fairly new 'Latte' is 2009 the others are like 1997',1998',1999'.

I figured it out today. I picked one and took to my mom's and it is Secret Service.

!
I shall label it immediately, and this time write it down!

Thanks for the guesses!

Concord, NC

wow i thought for sure it was one of those Ghio ones.he has those ones with the brownish standards i really wouldnt call them amoenas not really white standards..yes it pays to meticulously label things or map them out; Bob at Blueridge buries a tag with the daylily plants as well as has each one individual labeled above ground and cataloged as to its location..but i fail too see how burying tags works,as wouldnt the rain water get to the label or inhibit the plant from new growth or multiplying.maybe not, i guess its a back up plan if you have a large buisness and have to be real precise.

plastic tags or aluminum will not deteriorate under the soil like above. The sun rays are what makes them fade and become brittle and break off. So burrying a tag would last a long time for sure. You would just have to pull it up from the soil when you needed to read it though.

Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

I just bought a Secret Service and of course it hasn't bloomed yet, but that was my first thought on seeing this photo. Gorgeous!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.