Using Bap 10 on Daylilies.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Has any ever used Bap 10 on daylilies besides the hybridizers, I know the orchid growers use it on the stems by making a cutting on the stem & And applying it in a paste where new groth is starting to grow. The hybridizers of Daylilies use the same way & get new profulations but don't make a cut that I kmow of. HAS anyone tried it. They use Bap 10 at the rate of 28 to 1 & get great results.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Roseman2, I have read about it but I have never tried it.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Mike .I wish someone would reply that has used it, I would like to try it on some of my teeth daylilies.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's kind of funny but I purchased some when my children were younger, intending on trying it. After I read about the poisonous aspects of it, I hid it so that my children could never get into it. That's been 20 years ago and I hid it so well that I have never found it, lol.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I remember one article where one of the big hybridizer uses it a lot to make prolifs. Cindy, that's funny!

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Mike.. I talked to a hybridizer that told me that if you put Bap 10 on a scape you will get prolfis where as if you didn't use any you wouldn't get any prolifs.I wonder if I could use it on the roots if that would help or would it kill the Daylily. I might try it, It cost $155.00 a litter but it would be worth it. I have spent doudle that much on a daylily & it didn't look as good as the picture.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Roseman2 -Maybe try it on a cheaper daylily that way it won't hurt so bad if it kills the plant. If it works well with that one move on to your special one's. You could experiment with it on roots and scapes. Good Luck what ever route you take! Please keep us posted on your experiment.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Mine ate thru the container it was in, I didnt want to mess with it after that. I used it on a few things, they did seem to make more fans that the ones without it. Ive never messed with prolifs. Ive heard that they take much longer to bloom than a fan.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Most of the Hybridizers pics are touched up to make the bloom appear prettier than it is. The best thing to do is search Dave's and elsewhere to find a honest picture!!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Is that ever the truth. It really is upsetting to me. Ive gotten into many a 'discussion' about editing pictures. I think its wrong, I think its cheating, I just dont like it. If you want to edit out brown leaves or something, fine, but stop messing with the flowers. I even bought a few from a certain place because someone keeps posting really great pictures from those plants, turns out she edits them as well.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I saw someone post a garden pic of "Wedding Gown" and it is not as white as the popular pic that is circulating on the LA and elsewhere.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Mike.. I saw the same picture & I won't buy it. There are many that post pictures that are not even close to the colors as when you buy it & it blooms, But some will tell you it depends on the soil & weather where you live. THAT IS BS. Just look at Tal OF Gascone & tell me it depends on the weather, It is way off in color on the picture they put on the La. Several people have posted the real color & you will see what I mean!!!. I already bought it & it's not even close

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

A lot of vendors do alter their pictures and that's a shame. I do respectfully disagree, however, about plants in different soils. They can look different. Here is a 4 year old seedling of mine. The first pic of it was when it was growing in my backyard. 2 years ago I moved it to my front yard and it has changed and doesn't appear to ever going to look like it did in my backyard.

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I agree the soil is an issue, and the weather as well. We had a cool blooming season and the flowers were different than when it heats up.

Another thing besides editing I dont like, is usng pictures from greenhouse grown plants. Your just not going to often get a plant outside to look like one grown in a greenhouse. I would like to know in the description where the plant was grown in the picture.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hemlady, That is a big difference! Can you move it back to the backyard? I ask can you because I have hardly any room left in my back yard. Yet I have plenty on the side and front of house. Well I don't know about plenty but I have some. LOL!

Gardenglory, I agree about greenhouse plant picture's! I try not to buy greenhouse grown daylilie's. They have a hard time making it through the winter here.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I probably could move it back to where it was but it is just a seedling so I am not going to bother with it. I have it planted by my front porch and it gets sunlight all day and no shade like it did before. Its nothing special but its a very vigorous grower and bloomer.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have one that is a lot lighter red this year than it was last year, and it is still in the very same spot. Not sure if was from lack of nutrients or different nutrients or the weird weather........... but it sure looks different than it did last year. Odd how that can be.

Cindy, there is a quite a bit of difference between those blooms. Have you ever had your soil tested in the different areas of your yard? was wondering if there was a lot of variance in the pH or something.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

No, I have never had it tested but I do know that I fertilize more in the back than in the front because I have more daylilies in the back yard. I also water the ones in the back more, so maybe that is the reason for the difference.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

maybe so ...... interesting how it changed

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I moved Victorian Princess from a shadier spot to a full sun spot and she washed out. I plan to move her back to some shade soon. Never thought to test the soil to see if it is the problem. I might try that before another move.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

What is BAP10? I have never heard of it. Luciee {;^)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.