Lamium lover

Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

I discovered that Lamium would make an excellent groud-cover. It is very hardy in my 6 b zone as it was left outside ( in a pot ) all winter and returned. My daughter gave this pot to me last year for Mothers day. It required filtered sun, mostly likes shade. Just putting this out there in case you needed a little ground cover for a shady spot. It has 2 shades of green , light with a darker shade outlining its leaves. Also has small pink delicate flowers in springtime , now.

If anyone has a prolific amt they would like to share..let me know.
Martha

Thumbnail by ridoodles
Thomaston, CT

I've tried growing it several times, but it just isn't hardy here.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's hardy for you Robin, I have been growing it for a few years now. It's a little slow to spread but I now have purpleish-pink and a yellow. The yellow is blooming now.

Thomaston, CT

It's zone hardy, Pixie......I can kill anything! Have tried to grow it at least 3 times, but it never comes back....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Mine jumped the hammered in edging, guess it didn't like where I put it!! LOL

but this one is my favorite( maculatum Aureum) in the fairy garden pretty much full shade

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

How nice & bright that one is.....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

love it!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Forget the name, but it's blooming now.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I love lamiums! I have several kinds but my favorite is Shell Pink. It would make anyone look like a gardener. It blooms non stop from spring till fall with no care whatsoever. It has mixed with my White Nancy to give me various shades of white to purple and I love the effect. Here is a picture.

Thumbnail by rteets
Thomaston, CT

It looks awesome!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I have a white and a purple.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

looks great!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

That does look great!!!

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

On a garden tour today, my wife saw some lamium with gorgeous blue blooms and said, "why don't we get some of that!". I had to inform her that we have quite a bit, only with white flowers. It's in the woodland area, which she seldom visits, so she had an excuse!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.