I grew a triple headed dandelion!

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

Last year I bought dandelion seeds that grew variegated leaves first few months. This year the plants flowered, one stalk has 3 flowers on it, and one dandelion has an orange center! Check out my photos!

Thumbnail by keithp2012 Thumbnail by keithp2012 Thumbnail by keithp2012
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

they're super dandy!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

ROTFLOL do you live close to a Chemical plant...Just J/K

That is really cool.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I can't imagine anyone buying dandelion seeds!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Our weeds are somone elses flowers. I wouldn't mind having some as they remind me of my childhood in PA

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

Quote from JoParrott :
I can't imagine anyone buying dandelion seeds!

Except the seeds, the entire dandelion plant is edible to eat! Many people grow them for that reason so long as pesticides aren't used. Also dandelions are an important source of early nectar for honeybees in early spring when flowers are scarce.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

My Mom used to dig young Dandelions and cook them, then eat them with vinegar on them-

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a Dandelion near one of my outdoor faucets. Seems to be the only place it will grow in my yard, as the seeds I spread elsewhere never came up. I've always liked them, but they do have roots which do negative things to the roots of neighboring plants. As kids, we used to see them occasionally in lawns we passed while walking to school. Some of us would pick them, and blow their seeds toward their futures. (;

I saw some sunflowers grow double heads once, which had been watered once with pure 'liquid gold', the nitrogen of which encouraged *immediate* blooming rather than the finishing all the steps which should lead up to it, I guess. Maybe your Dandelion somehow got some 'liquid gold' from somewhere . . . ?

This message was edited Apr 9, 2014 1:12 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.