Passiflora 'Purple Tiger' is blooming

San Diego, CA

Here is the last flower, now I have to wait for more buds. lol
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
Tarpon Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Very pretty Mark. Do you know how this differs from p.alata?

Darren

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Just gorgeous!

San Diego, CA

Darren, P. 'Purple Tiger' is a hybrid. It handles a much larger temp range than Alata, Quadrangularis, or 'Decaisneana'. It will handle temps to freezing and it loves hot humid weather as well.

San Diego, CA

Darren, I should also add that many of the 3 types listed in my last post, are often mis-sold as one of the others, so it's sometimes tough to know if your getting the right plant.
Mark

Interesting Mark. Sounds like a great hybrid, I just read the description from San Marcos. I bet that happens a lot. I've read about people receiving one plant when it is actually another from nurseries. I know I've gotten a couple of misrepresented plants and I wasn't happy. Thanks for sharing that info. on Purple Tiger.
Darren

Pawleys Island, SC

That is beautiful!

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

very cool....I love the long filaments...

San Diego, CA

If you look up Quadrangularis on ebay, you'll see both Decaisneana and Ruby Glow being sold instead, it happens all the time.

Got my order in, just waiting for the money to hit paypal! Can't wait to get some exciting new passiflora.

Mulberry, FL

Quadrangularis is supposed to have the square tubing stalk I bought it from ebay and flower looks just like yours can you tell me what it is does have square stalk not round

Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.