How's the weather?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 84 votes:

I'm so tired of..._____(fill in the blank)
(10 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Winter seems to be hanging on longer than usual.
(10 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Autumn is great here in the Southern Hemisphere.
(2 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Rain, rain, rain. I'm about to float away!
(8 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Dry and crispy here.
(8 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Too hot (or too cold)
(11 votes, 13%)
Red dot

I'm like Goldilocks, everything is 'just right'
(31 votes, 36%)
Red dot

Other (tell us)
(4 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I'm delighted with this springs weather. For the past 4 years our spring has been wet and cold, far more than normal. This spring has been warm and sunny following a winter that barely snowed or had heavy frost. I wouldn't be surprised if we were a full zone higher than normal. I hope the warm, sunny weather continues through the summer.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

So far May has alternated nicely between sunny warm days and showers - great growing weather. We did have one scorcher a week or so ago (hottest spot in the US) which is very unusual for the temperate PNW.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Too cold and wet...temps just won't warm up...we had 38 degrees last night, a full month later than our 'last frost' date. I can't get the veggie garden turned over because it is such a swamp...I'm guessing when this quits, it will turn off hot and dry.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Hot, dry, and combustible

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Lol - Kelli. I've been watching on the news. I take it that it has been early for fires there?

It is currently a show of thunder, lightening and heavy rains for spring showers right now where I am.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Yes, it's early for fires. They usually don't start until the fall.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

As far as I'm concerned this weather can stay around forever. Warm days, cool nights. Like Goldilocks said: "Everything is just right"

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

33 yesterday morning and 91 today. We have had no spring-like temps.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm so tired of the wind. I've never experienced so much wind in my entire life in this state!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Cool with lots of rain, but we're getting ready for a week of temps in the 80s and only chances of hit and miss showers or storms. I've had to keep waiting for things to dry out in order to plant and then turn right around and be concerned about frost at this late date. I hope we're not complaining about it being too dry come June, July and August.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We've been cooler than usual, in fact last night it got down to 46, two degrees above the record. For the past month (until last week) we averaged 10 degrees below normal. And, we've had so much rain, we're no longer in a drought, but are 1" above average for the first time in several years.
Now we're going to finally get warmer starting tomorrow. I can't WAIT!
Barb

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The cold. It has been cold and/or rainy in 4 states in the last three weeks. enough already!! I need sunshine so my irises will come out nicely.
Martha

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We were under a frost advisory two nights ago, which is extremely unusual here in middle TN. Our last avg. frost date is tax day and we rarely see any cold snaps after that magical date. But this has been an unusually cool and wet spring.

After suffering through more than a few summers of searing heat and drought, I made a solemn promise to never question the manner or timing in which nature provides water to this earth, because at some point, I will hope for a rainy day. But having said that, I would really, REALLY love a warm dry weekend :-).

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Well up to now we've been either too hot or too cold (6 months of that) but today we are *just right*. :D

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I too have done the frost dance since April 15 (my official last frost date too)...night before last I was so tired of it i just threw a blanket over everything on the porch and hoped that it made it....and it did. Now it's 80.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Here, too - very warm and breezy. Which is good because my vegetable "garden" and some perennial beds could use all the help they can get to dry out. Of course, that also means I'm running the hose to refill the fountain and water everything in containers, since they weren't waterlogged and with this wind, they dry out fast. The joys of spring. At least I was able to plant my tomatoes and peppers and okra today :-)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Too hot! Seems like our "Spring" is giving us a taste of "Summer" temps., though the humidity isn't that bad yet. Not looking forward to July/August if May is consistently in the mid to upper 80's. Ugh!

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Goldilocks here. :-)

In a few weeks, however, the mercury will begin to shoot up, and shortly afterward we will be dodging hurricanes pitched off the African coast. It's wonderful here for the moment, but it won't last long.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

We just turned our AC on for the first time this year!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

everything is pretty good here but i am tired of watering......rainy season starts the end of may and i can't wait. of course, i've said that for four years now and the rains never come in my little corner of the world.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL!!!! Track…I can relate!!!!!!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

What is AC? Kidding of course, but not part of my universe (thank goodness).

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

we went from cold, damp 30 degree weather to temps in the 90s in one week, then cold, then back up to 100. no spring at all, jumped straight into summer heat

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

We are entering our third year of severe drought in New Mexico.
Water restrictions have been issued and I made the decision this
summer to do my best to conserve water that is desperately needed
by ranchers and farmers. Most plants in my flower beds did not survive
our rainless winter and I will not be replacing them this year. It's sad
but necessary.

I do have four tomato plants in 12-gallon buckets and a few pots of
portulaca for color near our patio door. In the upper flower beds I
confess that color will come from the several dozen stems of artificial
flowers that I picked up from the Dollar Store! From a distance they
actually look pretty real and give my eyes something nicer to look at
than the bone dry earth.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

We had a very cool rainy April, followed by a cool rainy start to May, which is fine by me! The last couple weeks the highs have ranged from low 60's to mid 80's, and the lows have range from upper 30's to low 50's, all which are perfect Spring conditions in my opinion. I'm calling my Spring so far "Just Right". =)

West Plains, MO(Zone 6b)

We are excited to actually have a spring this year- the last two years, it has been uncharacteristically hot and dry. This year the high temp is in the 70's-80's, and we get a couple days of rain each week!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I'm so tired of HUMID!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

This has been the weirdest spring ever. May started cold and dry. Now we have more rain than ground can even hold. Oh, did I mention we had a record setting late frost last week.

(Carole) Cleveland, TX(Zone 9a)

For mid-May? In South Texas? This is maybe only the 2nd day we've seen 90 this year.
How can I complain? It's hard to believe it's been so nice for so long.
We had a fairly mild winter, and decent amount of rain this spring. My garden looks good.
I'm actually growing some grass for a change. I see green when I look outside, and can bear to walk around and water.
I have even been comfortable WORKING outside, which for this 50-something, prone-to-hot-flashes grandma... is pretty darn amazing!

so yeah.... like Goldilocks.

"be it ever so humble.... " hey, it makes ME happy anyway ;-)

Thumbnail by Cajun2
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

rain, clouds doom and 40's and 50's give me sunshine and 70's please.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Running mid 20's at night with high in the low 40's. It snowed and sleeted all yesterday. I have quilts over my raised beds and two 150W bulbs inside to keep above freezing. Lost my squash and bean plants a weeks ago by jumping the gun. Thought the clear poly tops would protect them. No soap.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Thumbnail by Resin
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good one, Resin.

Magna, UT(Zone 7a)

I voted, "Rain, rain, rain". Not that I am complaining. The weather has been screwy and this one fit the best. We have a couple of weeks of warm and dry then a week or a half a week of rain and cooler temps.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Other- since I run from 30* in the north to my next stop at 90*. Every day. I am grateful for the cooler weather- but yeah, the humid zone did move north 2 zones across the mid USA- and farther south, xcept for Alabama's dry brittle feel and skeeters, it has been nice in different regions this year.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We have had spring storms, some dangerous, but all in all it is beautiful Texas weather here. Flower gardens are thriving, & birds are singing.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

OMG, Resin,

I love it! That is too cute - maybe because I'm a software engineer and thus particularly enjoy computer related humor, but I really did get a kick out of that one. Sorry you aren't having a summer (so far), but given the punishing and oppressive heat we suffer here in summer, remember to be careful what you wish for.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.