Maybe it will warm up now

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Sat. night it was 39. Last night (Sun.) 33. I was up before dawn just to check on things. Everything outside covered in burlap. When it hit 34 I got out the garden hose and sprayed it all down. All seems OK. Yes, we had a bit of sleet Sat. But, my plum tree has just started to bloom, apples on the way, so maybe the timing was good. Gene

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Wasn't that bad here , only it was cold . Not seeing any damage to anything new .. Good luck with the weather , we could all use some ..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

And NOW !!!! 89 degrees Today!!!!! Title of the thread sure applies now!!!!

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

My thought is that Mother Nature is having menopause issues...or reacting to climate change. Talked with gardener yesterday that has a garden tour coming through and her hostas aren't even leafed out yet. The only ones that I have leafed out are the ones sent from my sis in PA...
Feeling lucky that only have a few daylilies with spring sickness. The cold blast a few weeks ago took care of the hydranga blooms...I was taking a chance though at planting them (unknown variety) but will still complain.
Hope that we end up in the 70s until Nov!!!

Northern IL, IL(Zone 5a)

Today was quite warm and humid but just a few days ago, I felt like I needed gloves! Then there's the rain problem. I'm pushing myself to get all my vegetables in between thunderstorms. I finally had to come in the day before yesterday because I was soaked to the skin. Despite all of this, things are growing, at least in my native plant garden, The vegetables, not so much.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Yes, had the heat on up unitl 2 days ago. Yesterday I was tempted to turn on the A/C.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I can't say I add a lot to this conversation here
86 TODAY plenty warm (hot) with humidity near the same .. shew we ..

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

This is just silly. Heat is back on in the house. High today was 61, forecast 43 tonight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

If it was early in the last century I would say ,, Shovel the coal into the furnace , but keep the furnace room door closed , then go sit in the fridge for an hour ..

About the same temp here ... good ,,,ness my oh my ..

This message was edited Jun 2, 2013 7:31 PM

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

I had to put the comforter back on the bed Sunday night. And the heat kicked on very early Monday morning. I can't remember a colder, wetter spring! What a contrast from last year. Can't wait for the fungal diseases to start!

Northern IL, IL(Zone 5a)

I have mushrooms growing!

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Yes, cold wet Spring. Is it summer yet? High here will not make 70 for another 3-4 days.

Northern IL, IL(Zone 5a)

My vegetables are growing like crazy though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.