ID on this penstemon?

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Anyone know what kind of penstemon this is? About 18" tall.

Thumbnail by scbuttercup
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Judy -- I know this is super late on a reply.... but could it be Red Rocks? I had one and it was really pink like that.

I looked up photos of red rocks and the leaves don't look right. Wheaton really like about my mystery penstemon is the foliage, big apple Green leaves. Almost Chartreuse and not tiny lance leaves but good sized. And one plant reached almost 3 feet tall

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

neat -- do you save seeds from it? all the ones I have are lance shaped leaves.
and i love chartreuse colored leaves.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I is truly a beautiful plant. I hope you get an ID because I want one!! LOL

Thank you for the dmail Danita, you suggested penstemon tenuis, also known as penstemon violet dusk. I think that is it! A year later but mystery solved. The seeds were given to me 3 years ago in valentines Day swap but I don't think they were labelled correctly bt doesn't matter because I lost the original label. I have a better system now for keeping track of my seeds, keep hem in photo notebooks. Even if I use all the seeds I keep the printed or handwritten names in the notebook so I can go back and figure out. I will be saving seeds this year of my penstemon tenuis. My trade list is not up to date here, better one on my profile atATP, same screen name.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I had Violet Dusk... mine bit the dust this past brutal winter. I'm hoping my WS'ed seeds survive. I love that one.

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

It looks like a penstemon that was growing on our property when we bought it in the early seventies. I call it "native penstemon." I'll be interested if anyone comes up with an accurate botanical name.

LAS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.