Coffee Break # 96

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1307161/

The noises you hear at night in the country!!! Heard 4 owls calling each other last night. Then about 10pm they must of hooked up across the street behind the neighbors house....for a romantic interlude as they sounds "changed"!
Now im figuring out what the owls are doing when an ungodly screech comes from the back forty. Coyotes, the screeches get louder and the pack is now howling and yipping...they got a kill. Hairs on the back of my neck and arms were raised, even after all these years it can still give me the creeps sometimes. :)

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Pixie: The reraction you have to those primitive sounds must be your own "be on guard" response.
We are all wild inside.I believe this.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes we are!!... when the blue jays wig out here.. I know a hawk is near.. to get the dogs in.. they are a good alarm system that's for sure

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Pets first I say.

Thomaston, CT

Owls probably weren't mating....they lay eggs at the end of Feb., beginning of March......maybe you were hearing the parents protecting the babies from robber raccoons!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy Moms Day to all the mothers on the forum! Enjoy your well-earned day!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Victor.

Thomaston, CT

Thank you....it was a happy, but tiring day.....nine of us celebrated together....son & his family went to Rhode Island.

I say moms deserve a few special days per year. Maybe one each season?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yes - happy mother's day to all the mom's

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Here is a Mother's Day gift from Leah.

Thumbnail by debi_k

Cute!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thank you, Victor. Spent the afternoon in the garden.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hope your wife is ok Victor.. I saw how bad Michele was today.. and hope they both are ok.. hugs

She was okay today, thanks. Last night was a different story.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hope all the moms had a great Mother's Day, mine was perfect.
Hugs for all the sad ones too (((♥)))

Thomaston, CT

Yes, it can be a sad day...my Mom was in good spirits, wasn't showing many signs of her dementia.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the Mother's day wishes, hope everyone had a great day

This owl planter was from my daughter

Thumbnail by flowAjen
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

That's cute Jen!

Thomaston, CT

Would look cool with purple oxalis planted in it......

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Cute card, Debi, and great job by your daughter with 2 D's! 😉

I hope everyone who has recently lost a Loved One can get through the tough days by focusing on every happy moment shared with that person. It is very hard, but it helps progress through the necessary grief. Wishing for blessings in that regard for all who need them.

Victor, I agree with you about what Moms deserve, but also think the stay at home Dads should share a bit of Mom's Day credit as well - in addition to Father's Day.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Totally agreed, Louise!

Thanks!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my niece is calling me a freak because I can hear the dog whistle tones on the app she told me about on the iphone.. here boy light.. I can hear up to 15.7.. 15.8 and higher I couldn't hear.. told her one of those are the TV frequency .. when the TV is on and cable box is off.. must be somewhere in the neighborhood anyway.. I can always hear the TV on without the picture .. baffles Randy every time I walk in the room and tell him he turned off the cable box but the TV is still on

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Waadda guy.
I was watching O J in court and heard him say to his lawyer "I'll bet I can get onethousand dollars for my court uniform on E-bay because its on TV"

Its a circus out there.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I married my best friend 19 years ago today, it's is/was also my Dad's B-Day and....I have a cousin who celebrates 27 years of marriage today. ^_^ Today is a good day!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Thomaston, CT

Happiest of anniversaries to you & Brian, Pixie....hope you will do something special!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yep, today IS great day, Pixie!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Anniversary Celeste!!

Happy Anniversary to you and Brian, Celeste! Two great people.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Awe!! Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

congrat's celeste!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Bill!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Wishing you both many many Happy Anniversaries, today and for years to come! What a special couple you are! Love you both!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Happy Anniversary, Celeste!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy happy!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy Anniversary Celeste!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you're enjoying your anniversary day. Wish you many more happy years

Thomaston, CT

Taking my walk in a different place this morning....article in today's paper about a crashed, stolen motorcycle near our dam....can't find the rider....think he's injured & hiding in the woods......great! Walked there yesterday, but wouldn't have if I knew that.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yikes!!! Safety first

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.