CLOSED: 2nd Annual OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE Swap Sign Up

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Swaps are such fun and allow us to show our creativity in a specific catagory. Anyone can go wild with one idea, but what if we raise the bar a bit?
Based on part of the bride's poem, "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue..." we created a June swap. Don't panic, this isn't about marriage or brides but a challenge to your creativity.
Each package will have four items, yes only four. One for each piece of the rhyme. I will concede that if you are giving, say a matched set of something, it will be the same as one item. Example: box of tea bags, bag of candy, two matched dish towels, pair of socks (ROFLMAO), etc. Any card you include would not count.
Now for the fun part. Old can be something truly old: antique, me, grandmother's garters, geez where am I going? Something repurposed,a baby from a plant you have had for many years, last year's fruit cake, cookies made from an old recipe which is included, etc.
New is pretty self explanatory isn't it?
Borrowed is one we have cussed and discussed: perhaps something you got from another swap, something that was given to you rather than purchased, something of your neighbor's (Oops here I go again), no nothing illegal please. A compilation of favorite songs, something handmade, etc. We can surely talk about it before we hand out names.
Blue, well there are hundreds of shades of blue and thousands of things that are blue even before you get to sad, jazz, or bluegrass.
Everyone will keep their secret identity secret till packages are posted. Please send me a dmail with your address and contact info when you sign up. If there is something you would like but haven't seen a swap with it offered, now is the time to speak up. No one will listen but you will feel better. LOL Seriously, this is going to be a great chance to really get the creative juices flowing and let our imagination run wild!
We will close sign ups June 7, get names on the 8th, and hope to have all our packages in the wind by July 4th. $20 limit on boxes, not counting postage please. Everyone get a delivery confirmation number and forward it to me if you wish, but don't post it online. Let's have some fun!!!!!
One important thing, please do not join in if you don't plan on sending a box or cannot send in a reasonable amount of time. It truly isn't fair to send a box and not receive anything in return.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Link to last year's fun

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265117/

Our participants

rouxcrew (Joy)
ahoogstra (Alicia)
Taters55 (LK)
GardenQuail (Michelle)
Bettypauze (Betty)
scbuttercup (Judy)
Lanakila
happgarden (Joyce)
Cville_Gardener
rose318 (Patti)
Mud Elf (Elfie)
FruitoftheVine (Susan)
Goober_Fairy
goldhillal (Crystal)
NF2932 (Nancy)
Jokenna (Tina)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1316497/

This link is a list to help your buddy get some ideas about you. Please take a moment to put down a few suggestions.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2013 11:08 PM

Cutlerville, MI

Yes PLEASE!!!! I would love to participate in this swap:)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Add my name to Joy!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Joy, please sign me up for this swap, too :)
Michelle

This message was edited May 10, 2013 2:13 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Add me as well Joy, I will provide you with USA address to mail..

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I want to sign up but just checking so I understand....everything should be garden related but not every item needs to be a plant? I can do anything, just want to make sure I have it right.......:)

CheerMom, not all items must be garden related. There's actually a lot of room for people to be quite creative. You might see if you can find the thread from last year's swap. That would likely help give you ideas to get you started :) It was definitely a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with for this year!
I hope you'll decide to join us! :)
Michelle

Last years swap!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265117/

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

I want to play!

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

This is going to be challenging. I'm in!

Oh my! I just read the thread from last year. I am going to have to really warm up my creative juices for 'Borrowed'. Wowie, what a challenge!

This message was edited May 10, 2013 8:05 PM

Cheermom, like the other girls have said, it doesn't have to be garden. Some of the most entertaining things weren't. The toughest things were keeping it to four items and getting good ideas on what a "borrowed" item is. I encourage everyone to talk about their ideas so that no one gets stumped.

BTW, gardening stuff is fine as well. Glad to see y'all giving it a try.

Joy

Ok, I will try this. Please sign me up.

Jaye has opened her red, white and blue swap, come and check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311912/

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would like to join .

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I would like to join too. ^_^

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I would like to join please!

Sue G

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...oh yea! now i remember. this one gave me such a headache last time cuz i kept going in the wrong direction!!!! i never did come back! so, i gonna sit back an watch someone else git lost!!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I would love to join.

Joy, that dog in your avatar, is it an Aussie? It looks like mine.

BTW, is there a "wants, likes" thread so we can know a bit of our partners' t-shirt/slipper size and overall preferences? I, for instance, love to get seeds in these swaps.

PS happy mothers day!

No Judy, that is Jammin, one of my BC's. he is the one traveling with me to KY.

No we don't have a thread for likes and dislikes. We can make a post about it and I can add that to your name at the top for your buddy.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Bumping this. :)

Cutlerville, MI

Bumping this too:) LOL

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Saying 'I Do' want to participate again this year, Joy.

Miss Goober_Fairy would like to join. She will be receiving at my adress as she will be here for the summer. She will be mailing from here too.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

sign me up!!

Kris, that will be fun to have Goober join us this year :)
Michelle

She is looking forward to this one...

So, just checking here to be sure I haven't missed anything. All's quiet. I will be patient, really excited about this swap.

Winnetka, CA

rouxcrew....

I would love to join this swap.... this will be a first time for me......thanks for posting last years to stimulate ideas! Nancy

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's my first time to participate as well. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Love having you ladies. This is a challenging swap on so many levels. With only four items remember that packing is extremely important. A good rule of thumb is that if nothing in the box can move, it should make it to its destination. I am getting excited as we get closer to our start date.

Joy

I am a first timer too.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I already have some ideas. I'll narrow it down once I know who my buddy is.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm sorry to do this, but I just realized with all my other committments with other swaps, etc. I'm going to have to withdraw from this one. So sad. But I will watch the fun and I will try for next year!

Sue G

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Is it too late to get into this swap...I thought and thought about it and would really love to do it. I'm doing 3 other so I was thinking this would be too much...but can't get it out of my mind and it doesn't go out until July 4th. Please add me.
Tina

We are getting close to getting our names, anyone excited?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Waiting patiently!

Can't wait to get my name!

I created a suggestions list to go with this one. Please drift over there and help your buddy with ideas. It is meant as a launch point, not to restrict anyone. If you know what you want to send, go for it, some could use a bit of help.

Thanks,

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1316497/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.