May 10th, 2013: Bleeding Heart 'King of Hearts' (Dicentra ) by Kell

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

The Bloom of the Day for May 10th, 2013 was Bleeding Heart 'King of Hearts' (Dicentra ).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2013-05-10

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Hearts in Flight! Beautiful!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Sweet pink blooms, just lovely Kell!

Another Beauty! The song 'King of Hearts'came to mind... Now that tune is gonna be stuck in my head!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks so much! Thanks Greta!

Hey, where is Pirl? I am so excited. I am finally going to get a big fat lobster roll on Mother's Day! And also East coast full bellied fried clams! I am so excited!

Thumbnail by Kell
Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

The avatars bother Pirls' eyes. She is on the clematis forum. The one thread I looked at had no avatars.
I certainly miss her.

Enjoy your lobster roll tomorrow!! I've never had one, but it sounds good.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I had heard that. Well avatars do not bother me but have you noticed how sites you have been too sudden start advertising right on your screen no matter what site you are on. The worst was one from I think Burpees. It constantly ran ads on the left of my screen that were scrolling down. The movement was so very annoying and distracting.

You need to try a lobster roll! You too have a great day tomorrow!

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

Thank you Kell. I did have a wonderful day. Church this morning, THEN early afternoon DD#4 & her oldest granddaughter came over to work in my yard. We hadn't been working long and up drove my youngest grandson, 18 and his Mother, my DD#2. They all worked in the back yard over 5 hours. Moved plants, pulled weeds, planted plants I had bought last year and never planted. It was wonderful and I am so grateful.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm missing a comment here that I was sure I sent. Is it true and does that happen?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

David, it has happened to me but only when I do not hit send and close it thinking I did. Don't you hate rewriting a post? And it seems to happen when the post is a long one.

WOW Greta, I am so jealous. What a special Mother's Day for you and the perfect gift. I so need one just like that. My kid is away for the weekend in Portland. He went MIA last night, meaning stopped answering my emails and stopped posting on Twitter or Facebook. This AM I again emailed him, no answer. Around noon I called him and his phone was actually off! That never happens. So I immediately decided he was dead. LOL. Then thought he might be on his way home in a plane which kept me happy till about 4 when I realized the trip home from Portland would have been so short. LOL. Then on our way to dinner feeling such dread, I called him again from the car. He answered and was fine but of course! He had no clue it was even Mother's Day. I didn't clue him in. LOL. But at least he is fine and i can stop worrying about him for now!

Gosh, I am still wishing I was you! LOL. That is a lot of help!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I guess your name is Greta then Petra? Ha! I'm glad to hear you had a great Mothers Day!

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

Yeah, David, my name is Greta. Petra was our dog. One of the best.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.