Baptisias are starting to bloom in Tennessee

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

'Carolina Moonlight',

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Another shot of 'Carolina Moonlight' in bloom, courtesy Sunlight Gardens, used with permission.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Cville,
I've been wanting to pick that one up to go along with my 'Purple Smoke'. Here is a pic of mine this year after I moved it, it was getting way to big where I had it for the last three years.

Thumbnail by Mike2147
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

'Purple Smoke' is a handsome one, Mike. Thanks for the photo. Now I will have to add that one ... along with B. sphaerocarpa. I do like the baptisias. I also have B. 'Midnight' and B. 'Twilite Prairieblues' but they aren't blooming yet. I have 'alba' and 'australis' as well. The baptisias can definitely need a lot of space.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous!

Carole, is this the plant that produced the seeds you sent? :D

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oops, I somehow lost track of this. I think so, Amanda. But was it the yellow baptisia seeds I sent? I can't remember. This is it now.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

She's lovely. :)

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Love that one.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks. Things have exploded this year. The baptisias and especially the milkweeds among them. A. syriacus is preparing to bloom big time. I have lots of it this year. Right now there are seeds wafting through the air everywhere. Ragwort probably. We have lots of things in the woods behind us.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Mike, I meant to add that I had to prune my 'Forest Pansy' redbud a bit and stuck a few of the cuttings into a pot to root. If they do well, would you like a couple of them?

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Quote from Cville_Gardener :
Mike, I meant to add that I had to prune my 'Forest Pansy' redbud a bit and stuck a few of the cuttings into a pot to root. If they do well, would you like a couple of them?

Cville, that would be lovely. Let me know if I can do anything in return!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

OK, Mike. I'll keep you posted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.