DJ"S MAY PLANT SWAP PT 2 SHOW & TELL

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

MAY SWAP IS HERE & I HOPE THAT I HAVE CHOSEN THE RIGHT PARTNERS FOR EVERYONE IF I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME .

ALL I ASK IS THAT ALL PLANTS ARE MAILED NO LATER THEN MAY 27TH
PLEASE ADD PARRISHABLE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX THIS WILL INSURE THAT THE BOX WILL ARRIVE WITHIN THE 3-4 DAY YOU KNOW HOW MESSED UP OUR POSTAL HAS BEEN SOME OF MY BIGGER BOXES WILL GO
USP IT IS JUST AS CHEAP & DELIVER ON TIME , JUST REMEMBER THEY DO NOT RUN ON THE WEEKEND.

BEST TIME TO MAIL OUT PACKAGES ARE ON MONDAY & FRIDAY . MARKED PARRISHABLES ,& OR FRAGILE

JUST A REMINDER 5 NICELY ROOTED PERENNIALS , THEN ANY EXTRA YOU CAN FILL THE BOX WITH IS UP TO YOU.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED OUT OF TOWN PLEASE LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW WE DO NOT WANT BOXES LAYING DEAD ON A PORCH ANYWHERE ,

POST HERE WHEN YOU HAVE SHIPPED & REC'D & PLEASE HAVE YOUR CAMERA READY OR TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR BOX BEFORE YOU SHIP WE DO LIKE TO KNOW & SEE WHAT IS BEING SHARED .

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE FUN WITH THE SWAP'S IF YOU CAN GET YOUR BOXES OUT SOONER THAT IS FINE .
OK HERE IS THE LINE UP HAPPY GARDENING .

PLAYERS
2--- DEEJAY----FRUITOFTHEVINE-----MITTSY
2--- POISONDARTFROG---JLEE---ALIKAT
2--- FRUITOFTHEVINE----MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----MIKE2147
1----LANAKILA---DEEJAY9
1----MUD_ELF---POISONDARTFROG
1----JLEE160--LANAKILA
1--CZIMMERMAN00---PAULA-P---FRAHNZONE5
1---CHEERMOM---MUD-ELF
1----PAULA_P---VELMANSIA
1----VELMANSIA--AHOOGSTRA
2----ALIKAT32--ROSE318-----DEEJAY9
1----GOLDHILLAL--MITTSY
1 ---AHOOGSTRA--JANAESTONE----CVILLE-GARDEN
1---JANAESTONE---GOLDHILLAL
2---MITTSY---ALIKAT32---POISONDARTFROG
1---ROSE318---CHELLFLOWER
1---CHELLFLOWER---DOMHOMEDEE
1---MRSSPEEDSGARDEN--CZIMMERMAN00
1---DOMHOMEDEE--CHEERMOM
1--TATERS55------MIKE
1--FRAHNZONE5---CZIMMERMAN00
2--MIKE2147---FOTV--TATERS55
1--CVILLE-GARDEN----AHOOGSTRA
1---WWKATHY---------PFG
1--PFG------WWKATHY

Thumbnail by deejay9

CAME FROM HERE http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1308156/
HAVE"S & WANTS : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303692/

PLAYERS
2--- DEEJAY REC'D From ALIKAT
PFG-----
2--- POISONDARTFROG
2--- FRUITOFTHEVINE --- REC'D / FROM MIKE &DJ9
LANAKILA
MUD_ELF
TATERS55
JLEE160
2--CZIMMERMAN00-
CHEERMOM
FRAHNZONE5---
PAULA_P
VELMANSIA
2--ALIKAT32
GOLDHILLAL
MIKE2147------REC'D
AHOOGSTRA-REC'D
CVILLE-GARDEN---
WWKATHY------
JANAESTONE
MITTSY
ROSE318

This message was edited May 10, 2013 9:06 AM

This message was edited May 14, 2013 12:08 PM

This message was edited May 14, 2013 6:00 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Susie!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Thank you Susie! That took some hard work.
I am assuming that the name/names that follow ours are the people we send to.
Jlee and AliKat, please let me know if there is anything I listed as a have that you would like. If it is something I noted as only having one of I will send it to whomever asks first if I can't come up with a duplicate. Likewise, if I listed a have that you do not want to receive, let me know-I might just select if for you if you don't.
Yippee!
Alana
In the garden last evening when the rain was starting.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

This will be a very fun swap. It may be later in the month before I get my box off to my partner as I am rooting a few things she wants, but she knows that. May is such a great month for gardening! ^_^

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Thank you Susie for all your hard work putting this together! I really appreciate it! I'll be spending this afternoon finishing up getting my plants ready to ship out tomorrow.

Thank you all I Have tried to pair up with people with fair same zones but might have goofed on some ^_^

Yes ALANA The names Behind Yours are who you sent to :)
I Also have been out side Potting Up & Making up a box or two to get sent out tomorrow . but had to break for lunch . Just love my Potting shed it is so cool in there with the shade cloth & The Plants Love it also :)
well back at then Glad ya all like your buddies :) .

Back later

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Nice garden shots. Alana, what is that wild and wonderful looking plant in your third pic?

Thanks, Susie, for the time and work you put into setting up our matches. This is a huge group, quite possibly a record.

Look forward to sending to you Mike and Shirley.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

And I'll be looking forward to swapping with you too Fruit! Let me know if this week is good for you to receive the plants. I can hold off if you need me to.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone!

Susie -- thanks for organizing us! I bet your potting shed is so awesome and cool inside! I'd love a work space like that!

Can't wait to trade with my buddies -- will Dmail them for details on what they want! :)

Poisondartfrog... What is the plant in the first picture??? I love the leaves. I really really like verigated plants. They add so much intrest in the garden.

My plants will have to wait a bit. We donot get paid til Friday the 10th. So I will mail on Monday the 13th. Already know what to send. Just have to box them all up on Monday morning.

Fruit, thanks for not mentioning all the weeds in those pictures. I did not realize how much work I have to do until I looked at them again.
Photo 3 is Ruttya fruticosa from cuttings I started last summer (bunny ears, I think it may be called). It has to go in the GH or come indoors over winter here.
Elfie, photo 1 is variegated Petasites. I put a Pepsi can in there for size comparison. Pretty plant and I love it, but it can take over a shady moist site.
I will likely mail my boxes early next week unless my recipients tell me it would be a bad time for them.
Have a good evening, everyone.

Mail when it's a good time for you, Mike. You know I won't be home this Friday and Saturday and am planning to escape for a long week-end May 16th - 19th although hubs will be here to take care of the critters. Between rains the next few days which have just started, I'll be digging for this swap and for our RU on Saturday. Digging in cool weather, even if it's raining, is a lot more enjoyable than when it's hot and dry. Most likely I won't get around to mailing to you or Shirley until the week of May 13th unless I really hustle. Will definitely keep you two and Susie posted.

Thanks for the ID, Alana. I do believe back in the Winter, I bought seeds but couldn't remember the name for the life of me. OMG, we all have weeds...lol A never-ending job ripping them out.
There's a patch of wire grass that has escaped our lawn, over landscape timbers and under concrete pavers, into one of my beds and may never be rid of it. Nasty propagating by both underground rhizomes and stolons.

going to be another very nice day Here I hope to get some seeds put in & a few more Patches Tilled up :)
will be back in for Lunch & Check in on ya , wishing ya all a great day ,

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Overcast and a little misty.... a great day for the yard work department. Too bad I'm stuck at work. Ugh!

Mike can you post on the seed robin if you are mailing the robin out today Please .

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Will do.

Alana, I would love to have some of that plant. Could you send me some for postage?????

I have a huge damp area that it would look great in under a big oak tree, the ground there is so soft it is a devil to mow and weedwack. So a plant like yhat sounds like a godsend to me. Plus I just like it...

Yes ma'am. I would need to send it soon, though. It does not ship well later. I'll be off tomorrow and can get it ready to ship Wednesday if you like.

Yes, please. Let me know how much the shipping wl be and I will put it in the box I am sending to you, if that is ok.

OK. I'll dmail you.

Great!!!!!

Evening ev1 Wow what a day I Packed 3 boxes this Morning Kris & SUSAN Keep watch I have More work the Next two days with Planting BRUGS, CANNAS,& DAHLIAS I Just got back a while ago from my friends Place where she had all of them Stored in her Basement Over the winter for me , there is No Frost in the forcast For the next 8 -10 days & Our Last Frost is usually the 15th so i think i might be safe . Besides I can
cover them :)
I stored many small Brugs in a tub over the winter & They are sprouting . going to take many to the plant swap .

well I Have to go post all the Goodies I Got from Kris today for the House Plant Swap so you all have a great eve try to get back later .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Here are some shots of what I currently have blooming in the yard. Don't laugh at my lack of mulch....

Thumbnail by Mike2147 Thumbnail by Mike2147 Thumbnail by Mike2147 Thumbnail by Mike2147 Thumbnail by Mike2147
Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Here a few more... This one has the new bed I'm working on in my back yard for the butterflies and other pollinators.

Thumbnail by Mike2147 Thumbnail by Mike2147 Thumbnail by Mike2147

Will do, Susie. Wow that was quick.

Mike, I'll try to help you fill your back bed. Your Mallow and Clematis are especially pretty.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, tou have been busy.

Mike, your gardens are really nice.

Mike I Can also Help Fill you up there Just stick with us :) you have plenty of room . Oh By the way do you have any old Combat boots ? if so send them to me & I will send you a Box of PLANTS :))))

well My Friends I Need a Shower & got to lay back another long day tomorrow .

Hummmm. I can do that Susie,, The combat boots,,,

I bet there's a chick or three in their future...lol

Me too.....

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Glad everyone enjoyed my first photo shoot of my yard on DG.

Fruit, thanks for the kind words on the Mallow and Clem. This my clem's fourth year now in the same spot. It is usually one of the first to bloom in my yard. The Mallow I put there last year and can't believe how well it's doing. I've already transplanted a few seedlings from this spot throughout the yard.

Deejay, I have an extra pair of boots laying about. They are the USMC RAT boots we get issued when we go to AFG. They aren't your typical combat boot but it is a combat boot. You can google it and let me if you're interested or not.

Taters, Thanks for the kind words as well. I'm finally thinking my yard resembles something that I'd be proud to have my grandma come over and walk around in the evenings like I did at her house as a small boy. I'm gonna dig through her beds when I go there in a few weeks and see what "treasures" I can come away with. I planted a pine seedling there 32 years ago and that this is a mammoth now. Grandma used to always when the best yard of the month in town at least once or twice a summer so I've got big shoes to follow in. Thanks to generosity of the members here I just may make that a possibility some day.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Mike -- Your gardens are beautiful! I never mulch anything....my plan is to fill it all up so I don't have to! I have plenty to share with you too! It's a great trading group! I LOVE your mallow.....it's so pretty planted in a cluster. I have a few plants around the garden but nothing like your display! Garden walks are always so wonderful...hope your grammy enjoys it! I love showing off the gardens and pointing out the different plants. :) - Candi

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Fun trading, that's for sure! My grandmother was one of my main gardening inspirations as well, Mike. Grandmothers are so special. I agree, nice work there.

I'm coming along with my plants for this swap. I may get it mailed sooner than I thought. ^_^

Mike is the white flowered shrub a Mock Orange? I must have one, lol.

ALANA I Have an Mock Orange & I will see if there are any More New Shoots

Yes Mike Those will work if you want to ship I Will get a great box of Plants out to you this week Let me know if we have a Trade :) After I Get them & get them fixed up I Will send Pic's :)

& To anyone else who have any laying around Holes are ok also .

well a gardening friend is coming over to dig a few plants for her gardens so guess i better get busy ya all have a great day .

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

dartfrog, Yes those are Mock Orange. My wife's grandmother had huge ones outside her front porch and my wife loves the reminder it gives her of her childhood. Once I figure out how to to propigation succefully I'd be more than happy to share them with who ever wants some. They smell absolutely fantastic in the evening.

deejay, we definitely have a trade! I'll get them out this week as well. Please excuse any excess AFG dirt that may be on them as I haven't worn them since my last deployment.

Candi, That is my goal too. No mulch! just a ton of flowers and shrubs to block out all the excess sunlight to starve those little buggers out.

Grandma is in IL where I grew up and she has made the trip to see me twice in the almost six years I've been in NC. The first time here was in the summer and she was out there pulling weeds one morning, bless her heart. I had to insist she come in out of the NC humidity and enjoy the AC. She sent me some Ginko saplings last year but only one has made it through the winter. It was one of two Ginko's in the town where I grew up. I remember taking my second grade class there to see it when we were going over some jurassic plant life in class one day and I told my teacher about it. Hopefully the last one will thrive so I can have a memory from my child hood right in my own yard.

Now both of my own two little girls already show an interest in getting out and "digging" in the yard with their Papa. My four year old asks everyday if we can plant something else today and my 17 month old won't let us get too far ahead of her before she has her little shovel right beside her big sister. They are the cutest!

I'll have my confederate jasmine blooming here before too long and that is the one I really enjoy in the evenings.

Well I've rambled too much. Thanks for listening....
Mike

Rockford, MI

Beautiful pics everyone!
I am trying to decided whether or not to plant tomatoes and peppers today...I really want to get them in the ground. I have already transplanted once into cups for more space. no frost in the forcast but...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.