June 8th RU Plant and White Elephant Swap

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

One of the benefits of hosting past RUs is I can cut and paste information. What a time saver! This information is the same as last year's. If you need a bigger explanation of the edit protocol, no problem, just ask. So...

Here's the place to talk plants. Keep your white elephants secret if you plan on participating. I'm reserving this space for what I will have and what I'd like. Many of my trades will be the same as last year. Feel free to reserve your spaces early.

When adding to or editing your trade list highlight and delete the italicized lines that have the previous DG edit message. Then back space to get to within a line of your message. This is because a new edit message appears each time you edit your post. If you edit without deleting previous edit lines you get an ever larger list of italicized edit details.

Here is the beginning of my list which has things from last year. I'll add more later. Most of my trades are seed, cuttings or dig your own because I can't nurture plants while running back and forth between city and country.

1. Double flowered pink Rose of Sharon with dark rose center plants
2. Daffodils (unnamed double and single) you dig
3. Garlic chives plants
4. Extensive heirloom tomato cuttings DM for listing if interested and I'll root them in advance or cut on site.
5. Veggie & flower seed (Mud elf)
7. Kerria japonica
8. Apple mint runners (Mud elf)
9. Kentucky Colonel mint runners
10. Climbing euonymous
11. Butterfly bush (Buddliea) cuttings.
12. Chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus) cuttings.
13. Bronze ajuga
14. Selaginella (Sandy)
15. Salvia greggii cuttings
16. Salvia Hot Lips cuttings
17. Gardenia cuttings
18. Blue fescu (Festuca glauca) 3" pots. Three shares
19. Finger poppies (Callirhoe digitata) Two shares from runners.
20. Rose campion seed.
21. Dutchman's pipe vine. You dig. Several shares.
22. Double and single flowered Columbine seed

I might have a few heirloom tomatoes but due to the late cold we have had to replant quite a bit and what is in the ground is behind.

This message was edited May 26, 2013 1:57 PM

Here is my plants to share...

1. Woodland ferns native to my land. Mike
2. Burgandy flowed triliums.. Will bring them with plenty of native soil. Mike
3 . Pumpkin plants. They popped up in my flower bed. Have 4 nice sized plants
4. Hostas,, not sure of the names yet. Might all be noids. Will only bring if there is an interest in them.
5. Woodland violets?? Mike
6. Woodland plant with bell shaped flower. Mike
7. Woodland plant with fuzzy shaped flowers. Mike
8. Asiatic lilies. Mixed colors and names. Laural

I will add more later.

Laural, may I get the following from you??

1. Double flowered pink Rose of Sharon
2. Daffodils,,,, Ralph will dig for me.
3. Garlic chives plants
4. heirloom tomato cuttings any will be fine.
5. Veggie & flower seed
7. Kerria japonica
8. Apple mint runners
9. Kentucky Colonel mint runners
14. Selaginella
15. Salvia greggii cuttings
16. Salvia Hot Lips cuttings

This message was edited May 5, 2013 6:15 AM

This message was edited May 11, 2013 7:43 AM

Lula, GA

Just back from Puerto Rico.........................big difference in temps!!!
I am reserving my spot.

Trade List:

Tricyrtis/toadlilies--Gilt Edge, Lightning Strike, Empress.- KRIS, LAUREL
Black Gamecock LA Iris- Kris
Cajun sunrise LA Iris. Kris
Brugmansia- various sized plants.- Kris
Waterleaf-cannot find Latin name- shade plant, beautiful markings fading to green later, lightly invasive- KRIS
Dicentra eximia/Fringed Bleeding Heart- shade- LAUREL
6 Double hellebore seedlings..I made these crosses, double-to-double last year.- KRIS
3-miniature white iris- Kris, Laurel
2 white German iris- Laurel, Kris

Brenda

This message was edited Jun 1, 2013 9:27 AM

Brenda,, would love some toad lilies.

And you were right,, about half of my brugsyou gave me are showing green at the base of my plants!!! I will get you a list of the names after I get off of bed rest. I tore up my back lifting heavy boxes, tilling the yard and mowing grass. Bad Elfie....

Kris, I'll get time to put you down for the plants, seeds and cuttings you want at some point. Not to worry. They will be yours first.

I loved the toad lilies gifted by Brenda last June. They surprised me by blooming the very first year. Some in late summer and some more towards fall. Brenda, if there are extra toad lilies, I'd love more but only after others have had a chance. I would also like some bleeding hearts.

Brenda,, may I please get some of the Waterleaf,,shade plant,
Any toad lilies would be awesome too.

I bought some salvia today.. Will list the names tomorrow.

Here are the pictures of my woodland plants I will be bringing. Also would anyone like some asiatc lilies? I have named and noids, babies and mature types. Can bring a few of those.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

I love Asiatic lilies! Would love a share.

I will get some potted up then. I have lots of babies. Not sure of colors as they have not bloomed yet. Still I have lots to share.

Brenda.. Will your hellebore seedlings make it in my woodsy areas?? Also do you remember if you have gifted me any already? If they will and you have not I would like some to add to add to the Elfs Hollow area where our fairy houses are going.

Lula, GA

Kris..............I am not sure I brought any to Florala but I have lots, actually, more than the 6 I am offering............I did not want to overwhelm anyone. They are about 4-5" tall and will bloom next year or the year after. They need to be protected the first year as they are still small. They will grow in partial shade to shade, altho do better with more sun.
I will put you down for how many?

Brenda

Ohhh. I would love whatever you can spare. I have the perfect place for them!!!!!!

Lula, GA

Laurel..................Sandy would like one of your Selaginella, please.

Okay Brenda. It was given to me a few years ago and has gone nutz (sorry Plantnutz Brenda). She can dig her own. I have many shares.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I will try not to embarrass myself, with the obvious pardon, lets just say that I have been over burdened with a very unprepared year, and being gardener and house keeper.
I cringed when you mentioned four houses, jeesh! >
I will check on my plants, and make the list. Have plenty of " peanut butter " shrubs, and other things. Mike

Would anyone like a couple of Ginko tree babies??

Also have some pretty ivy plants.. These would be for indoors.

Been going though all my plants and will be adding more as I pot them up.

I will bring a shovel and extra pots, bags etc for what ever Ralph is suposed to dig up.

We will be on the road early tomorrow with a wild week in store. Don't know what's been posted where but we are meeting DG friends for the annual Redlands Orchid Festival in S. FL.. It's the largest annual three day orchid event/show in the country. We will have DG house guests in Miami and entertaining those who are staying at a nearby hotel. I'll certainly peek in. Don't know what time I'll have to post.

At this time it appears we will not need much of anything for our RU except drinks, ice and desserts. Not too crazy on the desserts though. A few go a long way. Hope Etelka (Kiseta) can come with her delicious homemade strudel. It will knock your socks off! If side dishes are your thing then anything that goes along with hot dogs and sliders is good. I will have sides as well.

Lula, GA

Adding some miniature white iris and some white German Iris to my list.

~Brenda

Hello gardening friends, and NGa neighbors, I have been too stressed, and strapped to attend our ru, and I'm most sorry. All of you will be missed by me, but no use over doing it. My mileage is getting high, and with Barbara 's problems, I'm getting weak. Hopefully next year. Mike

Lula, GA

Sorry for your troubles, Mike............we are gonna miss you. Take care of yourself!

Brenda

Mike, we sure will miss you. SO even commented how much he was looking forward to your joining us. Let me know if things change. You are so close and can drop by at the last minute. No need to bring plants or food if you can get yourself to us. Wishing you and Barbara better health and strength.
Laurel

I have added a few things to my trade list.

Thanks, Laurel, I love you guys, and hope the best for all. Thank you for the invite, and if possible I'll bring Barbara, and pop in. Again, thank you ever so much. Mike

Lula, GA

Laurel..............I have a good selection of heirloom tomato plants for those who want.

Black Krim- my favorite
Black Cherry (originally from Laurel and highly recommended!)
Peach Blow Sutton
Big Rainbow
Tigerella...........fast early striped

I will have to check for the other names.

Brenda

Lula, GA

I have two-three dill plants started to share.

Brenda

Oooh, Iris. I would like a share if there are leftovers, Brenda.

We are busy with house guests through tomorrow and getting ready for DG friends. After all these years I might just hand each of you a dust cloth and toilet brush at the door. lol

DD continues to stand on her head, as instructed by labor and delivery nurse Mom. She is less than three weeks from her due date but baby has wanted to be early for the past month.

Lula, GA

Sure, Laurel!!!

Hope all goes well for the soon-to-be new arrival.....................

Sandy is making Banana Pudding for the RU! We are having traditional Southern desserts with Sally's Peach Cobbler!

This message was edited Jun 1, 2013 9:28 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.