Fairy Garden is Finished

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Got more rocks while at our cabin last weekend and finally finished the set up! I am so tickled with it!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

That looks fantastic, love the idea of little fairies helping out with the gardening chores.

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

I can see why, I'd be tickled with it too. It looks fantastic. I LOVE that fairy house you built.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks. I wanted it woodsy with a Fairy Hunter on the porch with his black powder rifle and another fishing in the pond. Of course the "lady of the house" landed in front of the swing!

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Of course my favorite there is the wheelbarrow and the potting bench.

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

I couldn't pick. There is so much I love/want. I really like how you incorporated... is it Harry's walking stick (I know there is another curly one like it but I can't tell by just looking at them)? I bought one early spring at Southern Homes and Gardens and it's like my new favorite thing.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Great job! so cute...

What plants did you include in that garden?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks everyone.
The wood is Harry Lauder and corkscrew willow. I grow both and they are wonderful for many projects.
The greenery is Lamium and is blooming purple now.

Kerrville, TX

CHARMING!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thank you.

South, TX

I love it. Looks so peaceful!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

That is really great and I have a tree that would work great for that. I made a fairy garden out of our old free standing fire pit.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Wish I had done the same with our free standing round one, but got rid of it before I began the fairy gardens. Had a really nice 3' round one with a lid that stood on a pedestal and would have been perfect, but has now fallen apart and is at the dump.

I have to keep it under cover on my front porch because we get so much rain here and the succulents will get root rot. Everyone that comes to the front door always comment about it, the pizza guy went on and on about how great it was, so he got a big tip. ☺
My friend is using her husbands old retired Weber grill, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi all,

This year I had decided to start a fairy garden or two ... or three ... and then a gnome village ... and so on and so on ....
Anyway, here's some pics ... some are still works in progress. Hope you all enjoy. :>))

Thumbnail by PAgirl60 Thumbnail by PAgirl60 Thumbnail by PAgirl60 Thumbnail by PAgirl60 Thumbnail by PAgirl60
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

very cute!

I like how you did the water with the blue glass...very nice idea.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Me too, I am going to have to remake my fishin pond now!!!

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words. I made my houses from craft store stuff, yard sale stuff, and things from around the yard. And dollar stores ... I LOVE dollar stores! The blue stones for the pond I got at Dollar Tree - the cheapest I could find at only a $1 a bag and they come in a few different colors. Where can I find small tools, buckets,etc. that don't cost a fortune?

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6a)

Try Hobby Lobby when doll house stuff is 50% off or use weekly 40% coupon. That is where I got the wheels and tools for my Gnome garden. See post under Ladyj in Mini garden.

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6a)

Sorry, that thread is My Minis..
Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.