CLOSED: May Birthday club

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

There's always room for more folks to join us. If you're just stumbling upon our Birthday thread or have lurked in the past and would like to join the fun, here's how our group works. During your Birth Month, you will receive a Birthday Card from each of the other participants. And in turn, you are to mail a Birthday Card to each participant during their Birth Month. Who doesn't enjoy receiving a thoughtful Card instead of junk mail and bills? A Card and a 1st Class Stamp, it's as simple as that. (And an occasional visit to the Birthday Club, so we know you're still around.) Purchased and handcrafted Cards are both welcome. Come on and have some fun!!!!

May Birthdays are...
Mud_Elf / Kris -- May 10
ahoogstra/Alicia -- May 17

Let's ask our friends to join us!

Current Birthday Club Members:

lanakila/Lanakila -- January 22
rose318 / Patti -- March 18
Goldhillal / Crystal -- March 21
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
Mud_Elf / Kris -- May 10
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Goober_Fairy/Kaitlyn -- August 5
GAgirl1066 / Paula -- September 1
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28
Sbish5/ Shirley --- November 1
Hope43 / Twyla -- December 28

HONORARY Member - Neener -- October 9

Rather than one person hosting Birthday Club all the time, we decided to take turns. We still need a host for November, so if you can help, just let us know. It does not take much: just start a new thread for your month, and wish everyone a Happy Birthday when the time comes!

2013 Birthday Club Hosts
January - GardenQuail
February - Lanakila
March - taters55
April - taters55
May -- GardenQuail
June - Goober_Fairy
July - Mud_Elf
August - rose318
September - Goldhillal
October - Taters55
November -
December - Sbish5/Shirley

This message was edited May 13, 2013 8:02 PM

Thumbnail by GardenQuail

Hi, all.
Well, with the coming of spring, our butterfly cake has returned to help us celebrate our May birthdays!
Looks like we have two or three birthday girls this month :) I've sent dmail to Crit/Patti to see if she'll be joining us this year. If we don't hear back from her by Monday, then I'll take her name off the list. But hopefully we'll hear from her over the weekend.
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the May thread! I will get my cards ready to go out!

Will get my cards ready too...

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Whoooo! Where'd April go!? :D

Hi, all.
Well, Amanda, if you figure out where April went, let me know :) I'm still trying to figure that out, too!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Michelle

Hi, all.
Heard back from Crit/Patti. Sadly, she will not be joining us this year. She's having more back problems which limits the amount of time she can work on her computer. She says she doesn't make it into town much either, so decided it would be better not to participate. I let her know she's welcome to stop by when she can to say hi.
Crit/Patti sends "big hugs and Hi's" to everyone in birthday club. And she says, "Hope everyone there is doing well!!!!"
So, looks like we have two May birthday girls:
Mud_Elf / Kris -- May 10
Of course, if you would like to send a surprise birthday card to Crit/Patti just for fun, I'm sure she wouldn't mind :)
Michelle

Thanks for the update on Patti! Sending her lots of well wishes!

Saginaw, MI

Hello to everyone !

Sorry to see you go Patti -- hope all goes well for you !

This year has definitely flown by -- but , I am glad May is finally here -- that just means it is getting really close to the arrival of our newest granddaughter !! CAN:T WAIT !!!!

So now I know why I hurt my back,, Crit is my birthday sis and I am suffering for her....lol

Ladies, don't forget to get those cards in the mail. birthdays are coming up in a few days.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes! And I didn't get to thank Patti/Rose for the pretty birthday card that came in the middle of my final group project in my finance class. :)

So thankyou! xox

Hi, all.
Shirley, that's very exciting! When is your granddaughter due?
Oh, Elfie, I do hope your back feels better soon!
I have my cards for our May birthday ladies... Just need to get them ready and mailed.
Got to do lots of gardening over the weekend. Still lots more to go. Should have done more today, but spent the day reading a good book... I think I needed a nice restful day.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Michelle

Ralph is home today, so it is a real bedrest day....sigh... I do have a book I am reading and will get to take short walks. So it will be a good day anyway. Actually any time I get a full day with my favorite person in the world is a very good day. And he is my bestest friend too. So I am doubly blessed..

Hi everyone. I got a birthday card from Crystal/Goldhillal today. It has the prettiest pictures on it from her garden.. She makes the prettiest cards.

Thanks Crystal!!!!!!!

Glad to hear your cards are starting to come in.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

My cards went out yesterday.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

My cards are still up my sleeve.

xox

ROTFLMWO.... Manda is so funny....

Cutlerville, MI

I received a lovely card from Shirley my "neighbor" in Saginaw! Thank you so much Shirley!

Just opened another card. Thank you Shirley for such a cute card.
I tried to upload pics of the cards so far,, but not enough signal right now. Will try again later.

Happy Birthday to Crit, and Kris, hope you both have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55

New swap opened up. Joy/rouxcrew opens the 2nd Annual OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE Swap Sign Up, come and check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311874/

Hi, all.
To Kris, and Crit if she is lurking, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I do hope you both are having a wonderful day! :)
Joy's "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue" swap was a lot of fun last year! If you like doing swaps, this one has a fun twist to it :)
I have a renewed appreciation for running water :) We were unexpectedly without water yesterday afternoon and last night. Thankfully, the water's back on! Am very thankful we had bottled water in the house so I could still take care of my dog's needs.
Was going to plant some bulbs yesterday afternoon, but when I discovered we didn't have water, I figured I better wait. Wouldn't have had a way to clean up after planting them. So, perhaps I'll plant them this afternoon or tomorrow.
This afternoon, I discovered several stems of flower buds growing on my "Wineberry Candy" daylily :) This daylily has Orchid pink flowers with wine purple bands and yellow green throats, and they are scented.
I planted two other kinds of daylilies this year: "Omomuki" and "Lullaby Baby." Omomuki's flowers are supposed to be "citron yellow blooms with ruffled margins" and Lullaby Baby's flowers are described as "Soft, baby pink flowers with ruffled edges." These are also both supposed to be scented. They're just getting going, though, so I think it will be a little while before I get blooms on these. But I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of scent they have. I like the scent of my Wineberry Candy Daylily.
Oh, and I have buds on my dahlias, too :) I think one of the buds will likely open soon!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend and that your gardens are doing well!
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday Kris and Crit. Hope you both have a wonderful birthday.
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318
(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday Kris and Crit!! Hope today is a very good day for both of you :)

Hi, all.
Dragonflys4me, would you like to join us? You're welcomed to :) Of course, if you'd rather just hang out to visit with us for a bit, first, you could do that, too :) Glad you could stop by to wish our birthday ladies a happy birthday!
Michelle

Jaye has opened her red, white and blue swap, come and check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311912/

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Whoops! Kris - I missed your birthday. hah aha hhaha haa haha. Hope it was happy! It's been quiet so maybe Ralph took you out to dinner. :)

You know I shouldn't say this but I was busy getting ready to go to the RU. Leaving soon. Loveyou - will be thinking of you and promise not to have too much fun without you.

xox

Sniff,sniff,sniff, Elfie wanted to go sooooo bad......

To all who are moms:
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Michelle

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

Thumbnail by taters55

Happy Mothers Day everyone.

Linda I got your card in the mail yesterday!! Thanks for such a nice card.Rr

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Mother's Day ladies. Hope you all had a wonderful day.
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318
Cutlerville, MI

Happy Mothers day everyone! Could someone give me directions on adding an avatar?

Go to the top of the page, and click on my tools... Then on preferences.

Cutlerville, MI

Thank Miss Linda!

Then on the left of the page click on Your picture, then you will see add avatar.

Cutlerville, MI

Yeah...I did it:)

Beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.