True blue flowers-suggestions, please!

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

I am going to do a whiskey barrel with a red determinate tomato in the center and red & white striped zinnias and some herbs around the perimeter. Does anyone have a suggestion for some type of "filler" flower that is blue (not purple)? Thanks!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/194/#b

Blue Daze plant is an awesome blue - check it out!

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

Kay,
Wow! I LOVE this! Thanks!!! It would be perfect!!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I grow it and it comes back every year for me, and is one of the truest blues I've ever encountered.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Eryngium - sea holly?

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

Cathy, thanks! I'll check it out!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I've liked Lobelia--there are several nice true blues. The short varieties of annual larkspur can be found in single color packs in blue. You used to be able to find some nice blue ageratum sold as bedding plants in the spring. I think I've seen packs of single color linaria sold online--want to say the line was called Fantasy "Blue"--it was available as a mix or in individual colors. Love linaria--they're delicate and look like teensy snapdragons.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Check out the lovely blue petunias. I saw several today. They have a continuous bloom.

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

Great ideas . . . I'll see what I can find locally. I know I'm going to want everything I can find! Running out of time. I have the rest of the stuff in already. After I'm finished, I'll post a pic. Thanks everyone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.