April 30th, 2013: Floribunda Rose 'Black Ice' (Rosa ) by Calif_Sue

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for April 30th, 2013 was Floribunda Rose 'Black Ice' (Rosa ).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2013-04-30

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Red Suede! Roses rule!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I have a thing for red roses. This one just POPS right at you! Sue, your camera sure captures the color red well.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Obviously not in bright sunlight!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Actually, it was full sunlight, middle of the day. :-) That was with my old camera, a Nikon. Thanks for picking it Kell!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I didn't know you had a Nikon.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

PS. My month is over. Thanks everyone for your comments! I just love looking at all these flowers and looking at them with you all makes it so much more fun! !

And on a personal note, I just got a new member of my family. My husband named him Buddy. He is a love kitty. An Applehead Siamese. We are in love big time already. He is sound asleep this minute in the drawer between me and my keyboard. I haven't had a baby kitty in 20 years.

This is the bloom of the month. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

What an absolute sweetie he is Kell! I had never heard the term Applehead, I see another name for the traditional Siamese, with a rounder face than some of those wedge-head types.
I had a Siamese when my daughter was a baby 33 years ago, he was a 'talker', as most Siamese are. Hope Buddy turns into a cool cat and companion as he grows up!
I am enjoying the visit of my 7 week old baby! ;-)

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well Buddy is not as cool as your baby! Lucky you! I wonder if my son will ever have any kids for me. LOL Buddy will have to do for now. He is such a sweet baby. My last kitty, Gabby, was an Applehead. They have the traits of acting like a dog and also being very smart. She sure was. I am hoping Buddy will be just like her. So far so good. He is a doll. Sometimes I think he is channeling Gabby the way he acts. And he is quite the talker. Though Gabby rarely ever talked.

You have to post photos of your new baby. I know you took tons! LOL

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Congratulations Kell! It's like looking at a picture of my "Spank" when he was that size. Siamese have great personality...

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks David. So Spank is a Siamese? Buddy is a handful. The more comfortable he gets here, the more I am getting white hair. He zooms in on my parrot with laser beam interest. Clocks Baby's every movement. He then takes a flying leap all the way across the room onto his cage and climbs up the side. None of my cats have ever shown any interest in the parrot. And if they did, 1 strong NO and they never looked his way again. Buddy just keeps going back. He also climbs up the back of my chair in 1 second and then jumps on my back with claws out then flies over to the drawer. All in 1 second flat. He is a terror for sure. LOL His saving grace is when he is sleepy, he lets me maul his baby body with way too much affection and just purrs so you can hear him in the next room.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.