Weather In Your Garden #131

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304754/#top

It's 43 and cloudy, high of 59 today. Looks like a nice weekend ahead!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South Hamilton, MA

rain over the night. drizzle this morning. I had a sleep test last night--good to be home.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Where is the beautiful tulip garden, Celeste?

Humid and warm, rain overnight. All the tender plants are happy up next to the house nside a cart.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

No idea Rosemary, most likely the Netherlands. :) It was a picture on google that I fell in love with.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

48 going to 70

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Not taken this year as the Netherlands have had a really cold spring and almost no tulips out as of last week. We saw some beds of T. Showwinner and T. The First, but that was it for Tulips except for fabulous displays of forced tulips. But that shot was my vision, so we will have to go back . Had a great time no matter.

45 here, but overcast and very windy. I will go out and try to weed. We got a huge soaking yesterday. Patti

Thomaston, CT

I wish we had gotten some rain, plants look stressed already...grass is ready to mow, though. Heading to 70 today.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Lied, raining yet again. Boats cancelled again today, but weather is suppose to clear later. Weather for Daffodil weekend is suppose to be nice. I am heading to Vt on Friday for the Asperagus Valley Pottery open studio trail, but back here Sunday to go to the ACK narcissus show. Even though we have nearly 400 named cultivars in our garden, we don't enter. Too much work, but I love seeing them all on display, especially the expensive ones that some people, not us, buy. Seeing a bulb costing 150.00 a pop is mind bending. Tower Hill show is the next weekend. They have a primula show at the same time. I hope to make that show to snag some choice primula that some speciality growers will be selling. Anyone going? Patti

South Hamilton, MA

That type of expensive daffodil reminds me of the tulip mania. Our mainia is median irises but not as bad (she says).

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Ohh! Wish I could go to Tower Hill with you, Patti. Sounds great, but I doubt I can join you this year.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

41 and rain

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

what a gorgeous day today!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Started of lousy, but then to quote flowAjen "what a gorgeous day today! " Yep, it was once the sun came out and the wind lessened though it never got past 45 at our house. We got a ton done. 44 and wind now at 15. Patti

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Ditto on the gorgeous day.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It hit 74° here

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

52 out now.. windy & drizzles .. going to 63

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

46 now, partly cloudy today with a high of 59

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Pretty looking day. 47 and clear. Need to get going in the garden later. Could not do anything until now!

Thomaston, CT

Nice to see you, Victor.......45 here, sunny, windy.....

Thanks, Marilyn.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

currently 42 and sunny

South Hamilton, MA

52° & sunny 60s temps predicted through the weekend.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Breezy but sunny currently 54°

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, happy to see a post from you. Nice morning then rain at 11:00, but it is now clearing . . 49 and wind under 10mph. Patti

South Hamilton, MA

63 & sunny. Welcome back, Victor.

Thomaston, CT

We could use some rain....very dry April......

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

37 now going to 65

South Hamilton, MA

44 & sunny

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Frost again this morning, it's 30 now high of 61 today with abundant sunshine!!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful morning. On ferry heading to mainland. Clear and calm. Lots of dew on the plants this morning. Patti

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

currently 32 and sunny

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 45.....heading to Hammonasset after I drop Suey off at the hospital......

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

39 now (had a frost advisory overnight again) going to 70.. hope this will be the last day for the wood stove

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

32 now, sunny and 62 for a high today.

South Hamilton, MA

38° & hazy May reach 60° but a rather chilly start.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

48 going to 69. Should be nice.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 41......headed to 65.....we need rain, but none in the forecast.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Last night the low went down to 37 F. Makes it hard to put the non-hardened stuff in the ground even if the day times are nice and around 60. I'm glad they came in cardboard boxes that can just close again. I have a garden cart with a burlap skirt around the lower shelf too.

Another gorgeous day.

South Hamilton, MA

51° & dark.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.