bz xperts missing. id?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Likes the monarda - bee balm- good or bad? PRETTY Please?

Thumbnail by kittriana
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Monarda can usually hold its own. I don't like the bug and would keep an eye open. For beetles of any kind, try spinosad to keep them in check.

I started with one Monarda a couple of years ago and now have to keep it from being invasive.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Mine is in a raised garden. planning on finding it a place away from the other veggies tho,have tons of critters since i live so close to The Bug Thicket, chuckl.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Google spinosad. It should be very usable for your veggies as well.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It is. We have some but are trying to avoid it for thebutterflies. thanx

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

The other spray that I like to use is one that gives the plant a terrible taste. The product from the garden center is Deer Off, but probably is not available in your area. All of the other products are available from a pet store or a pet supply warehouse. They make lots of products like Bitter Apple that gives a terrible taste. There is also a similar product to keep horses from chewing their tales. A word of note on these bitter tasting sprays. They really are bitter, so wear a mask to keep it off your face and wear gloves to keep if off your hands. It is harmless but tastes bad on your lips and food! We learn from experience. It won't affect bee balm because the nectars are in the tubules.
Marcia

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Trust me, We have All of those products and then some down here. I need to seperate kitchen and butterfly garden by this fall as well! I will try some of those! Thanx.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.