saving documents & pictures

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

My PC has developed a strange new problem that is pretty serious. For years I have saved my photos in the Microsoft "pictures" library that is installed on the computer. Recently all my word documents, Kindle books, music, occasionally even emails I had no intention of saving are being saved in "pictures". This is in addition to them being in the files where they are supposed to be. I have learned that when I delete something, say a Word document, from the pictures library it also deletes it from the Word files. This is a new issue; no changes have been made to the computer and the virus protection is up to date. Another new issue is that the photos are being stored by both the day and in the folder I move them to. For example, if I take a picture of a rose I will cut it from the "day" folder and paste it in the "rose" folder but it does not cut, the picture stays in both places. Once again, if I delete it from either file it deletes it from both. As you can imagine my hard drive is now about at capacity and I am starting to have problems with normal operations. After not having to login to DG for years, all of a sudden I have to login each time I want to be here.

Anyone have any ideas why my PC wants to save everything twice or more?

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!