Plant and Craft Trades at the 9TH Annual ORVG SPRING ROUNDUP

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here is the Plant/Craft Thread for the 2013 Spring RU.
To be held Saturday, May 25.

BTW You CERTAINLY do NOT have to Swap to attend.

For the new Members this is a Swap listing Thread.
Discussions about the RU will be held on another Thread.
Please respond to the Thread here and then edit your post to show changes as they occur.

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll stake out a spot here.
For the newbies just put in your claim and add.

HAVE
--------------------------
Open crossed Hellebore Seedlings

NEED
--------------------------

CONFIRMED TRADES
-------------------

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Have
---------------
Stella de Oro Daylily fans
Happy Returns Daylily Fans
"Becky" Shasta Daisy
NOID Dark Purple Iris it reblooms
Prairie Moonlight Daylily
Angelina Sedum
Maximillian Sunflower
Cut leaf coneflower ( late bloomer)
Hens and chicks
Gooseneck Loosestrife ( spreads everywhere) I have it boxed in with Juniper shrubs. Would never put in my garden. It will take over other plants! Beware!

Need
-----------------------

Confirmed Trades
--------------------------------
Celene-Prairie Moonlight
Shadow garden noid Purple Iris
Bonnie-Angelina sedum and hens and chicks

Hope you do not mind Henryr10 I copied you way of posting the haves. Thank You for your help!

This message was edited Apr 21, 2013 9:57 AM

This message was edited Apr 21, 2013 5:48 PM

This message was edited Apr 23, 2013 2:28 PM

This message was edited Apr 23, 2013 2:29 PM

This message was edited Apr 23, 2013 3:00 PM

This message was edited Apr 23, 2013 8:28 PM

This message was edited Apr 26, 2013 8:44 AM

Columbus, OH

Have:
Artemisia Oriental Limelight
Bamboo-Yellow Grove rhizomes
Low-growing green and yellow variegated bamboo
Took cuttings of Cecile Brunner Rose, if they root someone can have them. I generally dislike roses, but love this one.
Ditch lily (I know, I know, someone wanted them a couple years ago)
I will dig out if anyone wants: Heirloom purple TBI. Lavender and deep purple. Hardy, vigorous, planted by Quakers more than 100 years ago.
Sedum Sarmentosum, maybe others
Mint-Kentucky Colonel. The best spearmint, IMHO. It escaped the container in which I planted it and continues to conquer the universe.
Egyptian Walking Onions
Rhubarb seedlings-it always reseeds a little, pending Mother Nature's participation

Seedlings: Subject to my ability to grow them out until May :)
Edamame plants-OMG when they tell you that they don't germinate well and to plant extra, don't.
assorted Melons, Winter and Summer Squash
Fancy morning glory and Quamoclit seedlings
Poncirus "Flying Dragon" seedlings-they're smallish now but growing fast
Extras of my WS annuals and perennials, I'll specify when I see what is big and strong enough to trade

Want:
Golden yellow tallish daylily
Tall daylily like H. citrina or similar
Purple daylily
Crested Iris
Plants with silver, dark or variegated foliage

I have about a 3' stack of two quart black nursery pots if anyone wants them, most are new

I will happily trade soap, lotion, candles, shea butter, etc. for plants or just bring you some because you want it :)

If you guys use neem oil, and if I'm placing an essential oil order, let me know. It's like $15 per lb. wholesale, which is much less than I see most places.

Trades:
Rebecca: Ditch Lilies, NOID Iris, soap
Defoecat: Limelight Artemisia, hens and chicks, pumpkins, sedum sarmentosum
Taylor Daylily: Limelight Artemisia
Ric-Datura
This message was edited Apr 27, 2013 6:13 AM

This message was edited Apr 27, 2013 6:15 AM

This message was edited Apr 28, 2013 9:28 AM

This message was edited May 14, 2013 5:37 AM

Markng my spot
Celen i have Purple De Orro if you interested
HAVE
noid daylily
noid sedum
noid hosta
noid peony ( only have 1 first come first serve )
Rocket city daylily
apple cider jelly ( i canned last fall )
2 or 3 - 1 gal jugs of apple cider i have frozen from last fall. yes its still good :)
i may have some seedlings to share also. we shall see what lives and what dies.

Takers
Celene purple de orro daylily
Taylor rocket city
Bonnie Noid peony , noid sedum

This message was edited Apr 22, 2013 8:44 PM

This message was edited Apr 23, 2013 8:15 PM

Columbus, OH

I'd love a purple D'oro, Sue. :) Thank you!

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi guys,

I will bring glass. I would like NOID purple iris, hellerborus, soap.

I have 5 glass mushrooms and 5 glass pumpkins I made some really pretty glass garden balls (bigger than Chritsmas balls) and flowers if they come out of the annealer I am ready.

Things I want
toad lilies (want these real bad because the ants ate mine!
red astilbe (NOT PINK)
wake robins
bloodroot
red or pink lenten roses
Virginia bluebells
trout lilies
wisteria
wild geranium
scilla
Jack in the pulpet
other woodland wild flowers
zuchini plants (2)
pepper plants(not hot) 2 or 3

This message was edited May 4, 2013 6:55 PM

This message was edited May 14, 2013 3:57 PM

This message was edited May 18, 2013 7:19 PM

This message was edited May 21, 2013 6:16 AM

Columbus, OH

Rebecca, the bamboo is about 15' tall and is a running bamboo, so site it carefully. I have shorter, variegated bamboo that are also running, but okay in a container. The taller bamboo would eventually outgrow a container, unless you're superduper motivated to do frequent and intense root pruning.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Shadowgarden, Will bring you some noid Purple Iris. Have a blessed day!

Columbus, OH

What kind of soap do you want?

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Taylordaylily, I would like the Angelina Sedum. Will list my "haves" soon.

Celene, I would like your Cecile Brunner Rose, and the Sedum Sarmentosum

Sue, I would like your noid sedum and the peony if no one else has asked for it.

Haves:
Most of my daylily plant tags have been moved, destroyed or disappeared. I have about 100 different varieties. Some may bloom before the RU, but if you just want to take a chance of what it is, I have hundreds of fans that I will happily dig for you. I may be able to identify them when they bloom, but if not they are very pretty NOIDs.

Some volunteer seedlings of Obedient plant
Rudebeckia
Columbine (purple, white and pink)

Numerous TB IRIS, which have lost their tags

NOID fern which comes back every year.

NOID Hostas

WOULD LIKE:

Hen & Chicks
Plants for a shade garden

Roses

Black Willow

Witch Hazel

Columbus, OH

If my hens and chicks continue to grow, I'll bring you some. Do you like a certain color?
I'll also pot up some sedum sarmentosum for you, it kinda grows everywhere in my yard.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, I'll bring you the Angelina Sedum. I also have hens and chicks I can bring you.

Celene, I once had the hen & chicks that had the appearance of a spider web across the top. But other than that, no, not any color in particular. Thanks.

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Lavender soap is good or any that smells good. I would like some ditch lilies too. I think i'll pass on the bamboo. I'd love it but probably not a good idea.

Thanks.

Thanks for the iris also!

Rebecca

Columbus, OH

I'll pot you up some ditch lilies--I have NOID iris as well, do you want some of that? They're likely to be similar, but you're welcome to them. They're from my parents' property, and soon all of those heirloom plants and the house will be gone.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, If you don't mind I'll take some of the Artemisia Limelight. Let me know if you want anything else.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, I would also like some of the heirloom purple TBI if you have enough.

Do you like soy candles? I have a French Vanilla soy candle. I do not burn candles in my house, my son has asthma and I don't want to chance it. The local farm market I get my compost/manure from gave it to me for my birthday.

Have a Blessed day! Karen

Columbus, OH

TDL, I harvested tons of it yesterday, at least five or six good sized starts. The rhizomes were packed together too tightly, and needed divided about five years ago, so I had to unravel them from one another, but they look healthy and strong. They are very dark royal purple on the bottom with yellow fuzz in the middle, and lavender tops. Nothing special, but lovely and hardy.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I find the older Iris are much hardier. I have a dark purple, it has pale lavender beard almost blue,The falls and standards are dark purple. Your Iris would look great with it. I like Iris, almost as much as daylillies. I'm a flower nut.
I'm so excited I can't wait till the RU!
Which outlet malls do you and your DH go to? Have you tried the newer one by Monroe?

Columbus, OH

The ones off 71 on the way to Cincinnati are the ones he likes. We haven't tried the one near Monroe, I'll tell him, he'll be happy. I'll be tired :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Is it by Washington Court House exit? The one by Monroe has a nice park you could rest while he shops. I think it's off 75.

Columbus, OH

I'll tell him about it...he will want to torture me by dragging me along, though. Most women would love a man that could shop all day, and find the best bargains at tag sales, etc. I do not love shopping.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm not a Shopper either, except for plants. That outlet mall is not far from my house and I have never been there. My friends say it is nice.

Columbus, OH

Because I'm a good wife, I'll tell my husband about it ;)

Darius, do you still want Egyptian walking onions?

I will also have some assorted sedums, depending on what I have to weed out. Sedum middendorfianum is taking over a container, it's on my list.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll adjust the ORVG RU Thread tomorrow but the only Reservation I could get was at the Foxridge Shelter at Woodland Mound Park.

http://www.greatparks.org/parks/woodland-mound.html
http://hamiltoncountyparks.org/about-us/pdfs/wm_map.pdf

Chilo was Booked and Steamboat is being renovated.... so....

It is a GREAT Site and we know it well... it is also almost in Tabasco's backyard.... and where we were to hold the original RU.

Downside is that like Steamboat there is an entrance fee..... 3 Bucks a car so no biggie.....

This message was edited May 1, 2013 6:18 AM

Ric, thanks for your efforts to secure a place for us. I think most often we forget that you do spend lots of time on the phone getting us situated. Thanks again. Looks good to me, so I will plan on being there, unless the creek rises.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank You for your time and efforts. Looks like a great park! It will be nice to meet everybody.
Everybody enjoy the great day ahead! Got to love the sun!

Columbus, OH

DH says that he is happy to go someplace new...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

You're Welcome!

If you are coming from the North you want to use 275 to the St Rt. 125 (Exit 65) to Nordyke directions.
From the South or East use the US 52 to 8 Mile Road directions. (basically you will turn north at Steamboat instead of south)
It's very well marked.

Columbus, OH

Anyone want datura seedlings? They reseed here in Ohio, and are probably white with a lavender flush. They could have cross-pollinated with a yellow or purple, so I can't make any promises, but I can tell you that they are not hardy, but reseed well, and have lovely, single fragrant blooms.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We'll try some Celene.

Our's reseed as pure white.

Just checking in, nobody has posted that they want anything I am able to offer. So just bumping the thread up so that maybe somebody will take some of these things off my hands, er, be happy to get some great plants!

Columbus, OH

I'll take some columbine, I'm hoping I've amended my soil well enough to grow them...

Sure celene. Since these are volunteer plants, I can't guarantee what color they will be, but I have a couple all potted up.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, I'll take some Obedient seedlings and some Iris. I don't care about color. Sorry, Didn't realize I never looked at your haves, had only looked at your wants.

Karen, you got them. I have some purple and some yellow, and a white and a coral. So will see what I can get you.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie,Thanks! How many Chicks and Hens do you want? I have a pot with 10 in it for you. I also have 6 more pots of them with 4or 5 in them. I have plenty more if you need them.

Gosh, don't want bunches, just a few as the ones I had have grown so well, and producing the chicks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.