DJ"S MAY PLANT SWAP SIGN UP

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Evening everyone!

Nice job, Candi! You always go at it full steam ahead. There is something to be said about being young. I'm pooped after working only a few hours today.

Evelyn, I don't want you to pull up roots, so to speak, and move either. We have programs here for folks who don't have gardens of their own and enjoy helping with town beautification projects, small landscape jobs, putting together hanging baskets and planters, and community veggie gardens to name a few. With your love of gardening, it would be a shame not to keep your hands (and knees) dirty.

Susie, Mike and I are trading. Since I signed up for two boxes, that leaves one more player you can assign to me. Thanks again for all you do for us.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

PATTI PLEASE Forgive me for not seeing your post if there is anyone else i forgot to add to our list Please let me know I don't want to Leave anyone out. so please check out our list .

70's today yeah

PLAYERS
2--- DEEJAY
PFG------WWKATHY
2--- POISONDARTFROG
2--- FRUITOFTHEVINE=== MIKE2147
LANAKILA
MUD_ELF
TATERS55
JLEE160
2--CZIMMERMAN00----FRAHNZONE5
CHEERMOM
FRAHNZONE5---CZIMMERMAN00
PAULA_P
VELMANSIA
2--ALIKAT32
GOLDHILLAL
MIKE2147----------FOTV
AHOOGSTRA--CVILLE-GARDEN
CVILLE-GARDEN----AHOOGSTRA
WWKATHY---------PFG
JANAESTONE
MITTSY
ROSE318

This message was edited Apr 27, 2013 6:20 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Susie, put me down for a swap with Ahoogstra. She may want to swap with someone else as well and I'm sure she'll let you know about that, but we've agreed to a swap and I'll hopefully get my part out this month. :)

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

I'd like to join this one again, it was really fun last year.
Thanks!

WELCOME CHELL DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR HAVES & WANTS .
Link at the top

Playing out side today & already my feet , legs, & Rump Hurts bad so figure i better come sit & eat my Lunch :) back later

PLAYERS
2--- DEEJAY
PFG------WWKATHY
2--- POISONDARTFROG
LANAKILA
MUD_ELF
TATERS55
JLEE160
CHEERMOM
PAULA_P
VELMANSIA
2--ALIKAT32
GOLDHILLAL
MIKE2147----------FOTV
AHOOGSTRA--CVILLE-GARDEN
WWKATHY---------PFG
JANAESTONE
MITTSY
ROSE318
CHELLFLOWER

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Okay, I think I have updated my wants/haves for the last time this swap. Maybe.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Quote from FruitOfTheVine :

Evelyn, I don't want you to pull up roots, so to speak, and move either. We have programs here for folks who don't have gardens of their own and enjoy helping with town beautification projects, small landscape jobs, putting together hanging baskets and planters, and community veggie gardens to name a few. With your love of gardening, it would be a shame not to keep your hands (and knees) dirty.

I really appreciate all of you, thanks! I do like having my own gardens. There is so much yet to learn, and I am in my 70's! I just hope that I am physically able to continue, and will continue the protest against moving. I like living out of town, though we have to drive 15-20 miles to get anything in the way of groceries, hardware or supplies. It is 20 mountain miles to Placerville, the nearest town. The only things in Grizzly Flats is a post office, a school, 2 churches and a fire station. (No stores)

The reason is that Steve is tired of chopping wood every year and all the other outside work, but I can't imagine him without a shop full of power tools. What would we do? I don't like to sew or any of that stuff. I still haven't finished up the quilt for my great-grandson. And Steve hates to exercise in a class or anything like that. We get our exercise outdoors spring through late fall, and sometimes in winter between storms.

Well, it is time for me to get back outside and get busy. So much to do. Have a good day everyone! ^_^

P.S. Why is the font on this thread different?? (Comic Sans)

♦♣♠•☺☻♥♦ I Can do these signs but I cannot find how to do the Yellow Smiley face HELP Please
Well this is what Zoey & I Did today ran out of stones so Monday I Will go get a couple more bags .
this is our New Hens-N-Chicks Bed Zoey is so strong she carried all the rocks & Patio stones :) I bet she won't be up all night :) tonight :) she worked very hard today with me :)

it will take time to fill in but it will have all my Hens-N-chicks in one area :) oh & I put a few of my Irises in there also . well I Had just a smoothy for Lunch so off to fix a better super :) ya all have a great eve not sure if we are going to play cards tonight yet or not , if not I'll see ya later :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Susie, hold down the shift key and type ^ _ ^ without the spaces.

^_^

^_^ will i wonder if this works if not OH well i tried :) sorry but i have to shut down get my shower & go play cards back in the morning

Cutlerville, MI

May I have two spots Susie too:) Enjoy this beautiful MI weather:) Have a wonderful eveing everyone!
Alicia

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

^_^ Hi Everyone!
Long day today -- raked all the rest of the gardens except for 1/2 of the back circle shade garden....ran out of time! I hear you about the back and legs and all other parts being tired! It was a beautiful day here in NH -- sun, a slight breeze and NO BUGGIES out yet! Hubby took three truck loads full of downed branches to the town burn pile! Pine trees are so messy! They smell great but they aren't very neat!

Zoey is so so so CUTE! Love the colorful rocks mixed in with the white ones!

I am determined to finish the last of the cleaning out of the gardens tomorrow! Then it's time to get the weeds out (although I try to do both most of the time) those little buggers are already green and growing! I pulled out a few dandelions today which were almost blooming! Kathy -- I think you sent me little johnny jump ups last year----they are blooming away! daffodils should be open tomorrow! Very exciting!

Have a good night!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

^_^ You got it.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

^_^ Nope, can't do it from an iPad :-(

Well i be dang it worked ^_^ hehe Hey Just One more week & we have quite a group sure hope i can keep it all straight better get me some memory pills this week .

PLAYERS
2--- DEEJAY
PFG------WWKATHY
2--- POISONDARTFROG
LANAKILA
MUD_ELF
TATERS55
JLEE160
CHEERMOM
PAULA_P
VELMANSIA
2--ALIKAT32
GOLDHILLAL
MIKE2147----------FOTV
2 --AHOOGSTRA--CVILLE-GARDEN
WWKATHY---------PFG
JANAESTONE
MITTSY
ROSE318
CHELLFLOWER

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1308156/#ixzz2RlAXLBY4

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Oh how funny, it did work after I sent my post!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, it doesn't work until you send the post. ^_^

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Now we all can be smiley! ^_^

:p i just looked up html code for smile faces....let's see if this one works

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

^^)

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Uh oh. try again.
^_^

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I know....not all html codes work here....best to stick with smiley face!

Still, no one has mentioned if you are getting a different font on this one thread only...????

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't think so, Evelyn. At least not me anyway.

No change in fonts here eve so not sure what it can be on your computer sorry wish i had the answer for ya .
Lazy day here cloudy & cool so its been a Movie Day ^_^

well ya all have a great day .

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

No font changes here. Is it this way on all sites or just Dave's? you probably need a teen's help. They usually have a lot of good advice and are happy to be asked to help.

Evelyn, Click on My Tools (top of page, left-hand side next to Home), then Preferences where you can scroll down to Set your font size, then Save. See if that helps. If it doesn't, ask Admin if they can advise.

Rainy cool day and watched movies too, something I rarely do. The nap wasn't bad either.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Afternoon everyone.

For the font size, you can also hold down the control button and use the scroll on your mouse, it will change the size of the font. As far as the different style font, I don't know how to change that.

Cutlerville, MI

I had the BEST late morning early afternoon......Music in my ears and soil in my hands! I worked outside for 4 hours today, than I grilled for supper! I finally remember why I live in Mi:) Susie and Kathy...you should see all of my iris's they are all green and growing like crazy! I know that they are all going to be beautiful when they bloom!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Have a great week everyone!
Alicia

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Susie please add me to the list. Love to get new plants. My dwarf irises you sent me last year
have been blooming their little hearts out....love them.

Shirley

Just came in from planting in the rain. I seem to do that alot lately. Planted vegies and flowers. They can grow in the same bed right?????? Lol

OK, it is the font, not size, that is different here, but maybe it is my computer. It is different than all the other fonts on all the other threads. Also, the writing in the box where you put your reply is very tiny, in a different font than Comic Sans...maybe pica, not sure. I think they have different names for computer fonts.

When I go to review the post, it changes back to whatever the default is that I have selected. Strange...it is just on this one thread...no others...

Evelyn, Have you considered posting your dilemma on the Computer Forum? Surely someone can help you figure out why the font is different on this thread only. What browser are you using? Not sure that's the actual culprit, but before I switched from IE to Firefox a few years ago, that same thing happened to me and it was only on one thread as well.

Hi Shirley! It's so nice to see another person join us so close to my neck of the woods.

Elfie, go for it. You know how much I enjoy mixing flowers and herbs in the same planter. Veggies too counting Kale and Mustard in the Fall with Pansies and such. In one of my gardening magazines that just came is a list of flowers that enhance veggies. When it stops raining, I'll get the magazine out of my car (read it while waiting for Pam in the dr office last week) and will post the list. For one example I know works, we always plant Marigolds with Tomatoes.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I always put marigolds with tomatoes and around the entire edge of my veggie garden to keep the deer out....they don't like the smell....I'd forgotten that trick last year and they ate all kinds of stuff.....so I'm going back to it this year!

I love planting in the rain!

Great news here too -- the last bit of snow is GONE from my gardens! YAHOO! Spring is finally here! Not so good news -- the black flies are out in masses due to the warm weather....time for bug spray or netting!

Have a super great night!

Glad to know I am not the only person who plants in the rain....lol

Thanks fruity. I would love that list. I at least read the tags to make sure the talest ones were on the back of the bed. I will plant marigolds tomorrow.. That is if I find the time..

Quote from FruitOfTheVine :
Evelyn, Have you considered posting your dilemma on the Computer Forum? Surely someone can help you figure out why the font is different on this thread only. What browser are you using? Not sure that's the actual culprit, but before I switched from IE to Firefox a few years ago, that same thing happened to me and it was only on one thread as well.

I am using IE and cannot use Firefox since I am on dialup. I do not consider it a dilemma, just odd. I was wondering if it was just happening to me, but it might be my old browser with Win Vista. Not to worry... ^_^ Thanks!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Marigolds with tomatoes - yes. Chives, garlic, onions (for ants, aphids, and flea beatles), rosemary and basil are a few others. Mint will repel ants and things like cabbage moths. ♥

Companion planting is a wonderful idea!

Here is a chart I found online.

Evelyn, I had to switch from IE also, DG was not made for it, it works better with Firefox or Google Chrome. I use chrome myself, and don't have any problems.

Thumbnail by taters55

WELCOME Shirley Mine are all waking up here we are finely going to be in the 70's & 80's won't that be nice Alicia ??
Zoney is ready to get playing in the gardens she was out here at 7:30 ready to get started she had so much fun with the New Hens-N-Chick Bed My work is cut out trying to stay ahead of her :)

ok i have a question also On all of the Pictures Being posted on the threads I put the Mouse over them to enlarge & I get this WINDOW SHOPPER Pop Up Box , is this something to do with a computer hack or done by DG ?

well off to check 2 more threads then off to get zoey something to do:)

PLAYERS
2--- DEEJAY
PFG------WWKATHY
2--- POISONDARTFROG
LANAKILA
MUD_ELF
TATERS55
JLEE160
CHEERMOM
PAULA_P
VELMANSIA
2--ALIKAT32
GOLDHILLAL
MIKE2147----------FOTV
2 --AHOOGSTRA--CVILLE-GARDEN
WWKATHY---------PFG
JANAESTONE
MITTSY
ROSE318
CHELLFLOWER
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN

Susie, I don't get anything when I just hover over the pictures, maybe you have something in your computer. Make sure you run your virus checker every day!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.