My Mini's

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Been working on some mini gardens to take to our local Heritage Days sale.
Steve made me the square planter and I made the log house and trimmed with Harry Lauder, made some lanterns from acorns.
In the second I made the hammock using braided wire and then I crocheted the swing.

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I made the accessories for these two using polymer clay. One is a table and benches with a plate of cookies and rose.
The other is a birdbath with tiny cardinal and a park bench. I have since added a basket of flowers that I must photo.

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6a)

You're never to old to "play with clay" right...I have made some things for my Gnome garden too. Will post. Love your work. Your attention to detail is amazing!
Judy

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVING your minis!!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Would love to see your creations! Thanks everyone, I do get down to the minute details quite a bit.

Tis a work in progress...Started out with a patch of rocks with a boulder and medium Opuntia whippeli in it so decided to incorporate them into the Gnome Garden.

The stump 'house' roof is sheet moss from HL and the chimney is a candle holder I found at Goodwill, drilled holes in the bottom, screwed it to the stump and planted a Semp for fun. Most of the items not made by me are from GW or Salvation Army, etc.

I particularly like the dog house complete with dog. Put plants in the little clay pots from Michaels, sea glass 'pond', made the baby swans and turtle-may not be visible in these pics.The small species of cacti in the pots will be planted as soon as I feel the snow and rain has passed! I have enjoy doing this and plan a Fairy garden for a corner of my back yard shaded by the greenhouse. More pics as it progresses. Thanks
Judy

Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is beautiful. I just love the detail. Wow, you made the swan? Great job, I'll have to try one??? Any tips? The stump house is adorable and so is that little potting shed outside the door!

I made the baby swans..the large one is actually a salt shaker...lol ; the potting shed was found at GW already painted ,,,all I did was Thompson proof it and add pots and plant...I love it too...great find!
Will post when plants are in and all is finished...if that is ever possible :-)
Judy

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

cute! love the stump house!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm just finding this forum since I've been working on a mini garden in an old fire pit. I handmade some things, but never even crossed my mind to use clay. Buying these miniatures can be pricey, but sure is nice to know you made it yourself.
I really like the little hammock.

Here is my garden, the handmade items are the little stick chair, the seashell on cork birdbath and the tall birdhouse. And a turtle hard to see in the way back out of shells. The rest are store bought, All the shells, coral, rocks I found when hiking the beach or on our mountain trips. I want to do more as gifts to my garden friends.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Finally took some pics of my finished Gnome Garden...Some fun! Now where can I build another one...Maybe a Mini Fairy garden next time.

Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512 Thumbnail by ladyj512
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Here is fairy garden I made last year.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

She is the cat's meow!😊

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I love the little gardens shown above my pic too...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

looking good!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I had to check out the mini gardens! I haven't made one in a while but when I read about the "old fire pit" it reminded me that two of my mini gardens are in an old weber grill I took apart and painted rust colored. They make a great place to start.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

That is awesome!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

So cute!!!!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Great gardens everyone.
Domehomedee, I have to show my friend yours, she wants to use her husband's old Weber to make one. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.