Help Id this amaryllis?

Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

I pulled these from a rent house we were renovating, stuck in in our beds at home and they flourished. I put them in pots this Feb. for the transpo, gave them a little more sun than they had, and they're all blooming like crazy. Any help with an ID, please? Once they multiply enough in the new place, I can add them to my trade list in small doses.

Really, I am so ignorant about them that I first posted this in the Lilies forum, so any help is appreciated. If I don't respond right away with thanks, it's because we're painting and moving this week. But thank you in advance!

Thumbnail by TexasDollie Thumbnail by TexasDollie
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Looks like the hardy Hippeastrum johnsonii or one of its close cousins. Good luck with your move.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

That's definitely H. johnsonii. also called St. Joseph's Lily. They are hard to find in the nursery trade, so that was a real find! People will want them in trade.

Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

Thank you, bsharf...that is good to know. They apparently love their new place--I haven't planted them yet, but we just moved and I've got them sitting under the eves on the East-northeast side of the house. They'd seemed to be finished with their bloom, but once we moved, they sent up a whole new set of flowers! I'll mark them with this name, and next year can dig up a few for trade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.