http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1247376/

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

let us try this

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Pretty blooms.

I still have nothing. We just "greened - up" from all the rain we had in the past week, with another week of rain to come. or at least 3-4 days this week.

I recall last year, my Rhododendrons were in bloom at this time.

I've got daffodils (still), hyacinths (still), anemone, Hepatica, Epimedium (some in full bloom like 'Fire Dragon') and others just poking up flower buds), hawthorn loaded with buds and should start opening up this week with warmer weather, Pieris japonica has been blooming for a week, Anemonella and twin leaf blooming, hellebores still going with lots of seedlings and spring beauties are starting to grow and bloom. Hmmm - my favorite time of year. Rhodies are still a week or two away from blooming as are the azaleas.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

This tulip had just began to bloom .After the rain downpours I will pic when the blooms are more full , added the pear , plum , nectarine tree .. And of course ; I added my favorite old worn out joke : do Violets and Dandelion count ?

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Violets definitely count. Hmmm - dandelions, not so much although the yellow color sure is cheerful.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Remember these last year ,?Tulips . Thank you for vote about the violets Butterflies use them also. until later ....

Thumbnail by juhur7

Those gorgeous tulips came back for you this spring? Congrats! I've got some species daffodils (can't remember the botanical name) but they're tiny - well, they finally decided to bloom this year. I've had them for several years with flowers the first year and then nothing until this year.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Only really good blooming Tulips I have ever had here ... Those red and white from last year one non-bloomer that 's been it ..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here's something ,, The first iris of the season

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Yea for the first iris. I haven't noticed buds yet on mine.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well this thread I only transferred ,did not get the direct exactly right .
and is so slow I give it Daisies ;

Thumbnail by juhur7

In the past week, 6 or 7 of my irises have produced flower spikes so I'm happy. I usually don't get all of them blooming in the same year. This year - about 75% so far. They're all the same - big purple German bearded irises. Oh - and I have one smaller white one which is really pretty. Very slender leaves in comparison to the others.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Something like some of these ? I am taking a break from mulching and planting ,, whew is it hot !! The Clematis is at it too..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

My purple iris is all purple. Too early for most of the clematis except C. integrifolia - it's got a few buds on it. Hoping for some rain this next week as we haven't gotten much except for short sprinkles.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rained heavy yesterday evening , rained again last night and then again early (very early )this morning
Humid and uncomfortable , mosquitoes are out and about also ... jungle fun?

Go ahead - rub it in about your rain. :) It is warm and somewhat humid today and trying to stay in the shade.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL kiddo !! It wasn't meant that way , Only if you want me to I can play in it next time and let it soak in ... Your slightly cooler temperatures might hold down the mosquitoes where you are,, so you get to "rub it in" about not having those as of yet ..
I am not doing anything really ,, Might plant a bunch of Japanese Apricot seedlings later though ,,Wore myself out quick time digging a place for them .. Lots of odds and ends to plant yet , you might be aware I am mostly mulling about .. it happens .. (from bending while mulching and planting )

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cindy it seems I made you angry ,, I might as well tell you it made the lettuce grow real good , ate some from the garden this evening ..

No - not angry - just envious. We did get rain last night. Can't tell how much and it'll be a little cooler today so I won't complain, especially after the same system devastated OK yesterday. I will complain about the mosquitoes as they've already started up this year after a rain a couple of weeks ago. We have wooded wetlands and a creek beyond our back property so unless there's a severe drought, we almost always have those blood suckers.
The weather folk are still predicting low 40's this weekend and I'm itching to plant. Probably will do now that we've had some rain and I'll just have to look out for the veggies at night.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi guys! I haven't been around here much for a while so I guess I need to catch up.

Yes, Cindy, our mosquitos have been absolutely awful, too! Ours started with weeks of rain and warm weather with standing water everywhere. We also live in a wooded area and even when I just go out to feed the birds & squirrels I'm fighting off the "kamikaze" mosquitos. I so hate to cover myself with smelly repellent unless I'm going to stay outside for a while, but it looks like I'll have to start.

I feel so bad for the people in Oklahoma! It sure puts all our complaints into perspective.

BTW, I started a new thread a couple days ago for Upper Midwest gardeners. Juhur has already posted some pretty flowers. Here's the link for anyone that's interested. Everyone is Welcome (even if your not from our area).

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1313397/#top

Thanks for posting the link to the new thread. I've been busy playing with new sewing machine and have not been checking into things on the forum.
I think folks on the IL side have gotten a lot more rain than we have here but it doesn't take much to get mosquito season started.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.