Rosy Dawn Order

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Just got a notice my Rosy Dawn order has been shipped. Good news. Going to have very windy weather for the next 4 days so they will have to spend a few days in the garage. But I will unpack and place in potting mix and place in a sunny window in the garage. That will give me time to make labels.

I will take photos and post later.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You'll love them. I've never been disappointed in any Rosy Dawn order.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 9a)

I just ordered a small collection of ten from them, based on everyone's recommendations. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

You won't be disappointed. I have ordered from them for the past 6 years. LOVE them!!!
They ALWAYS send nice sized plants. They'll be in great shapt. You will marvel @ the packaging. Enjoy!!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well they got planted today. This is a photo of them in the driveway with the other plants I purchased this week. I had a few pots that needed to be refreshed.

The puppies Cecil and Emma garden with me and I could not get them to move out of the photo.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon

Picture perfect, Sharon. The pups deserve a spot on Rosy Dawn's catalog!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Pirl, they are just like Smitty. If I am in the garden, they are in the garden. They go until I stop. Well I went from 9am until close to 5pm with a helper. When I came in and made myself a cup of tea, and sat down on the couch to catch up on the daily news, they crashed and still have not moved.

Smitty doesn't do gardening. He stays inside with Jack. If we dare to go out together he gives me a dirty look for stealing his favorite person. Spoiled brat.

Cecil and Emma are so adorable and obviously so devoted to you.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well, I feed them, I walk them and I bathe them, because Vern cannot. So I think that is part of it. But them being devoted makes all the work worth it. At 70 years old, puppies are work.

I taught them to eat dandelion blooms last year in the greenbelt. Especially Cecil. Then I had to un-teach him because he would walk up to any flower bloom and eat it. Oops.

Oops is right! That's very funny. I do the bathing, feeding, medications but Jack tries to walk Smitty. He usually makes it a few hundred feet and then turns around to go home.

The coleuses in the house are growing so well. I'd urge anyone who grows them to take cuttings long before frost so you can hold them over the winter indoors. That leaves you free to order more from Rosy Dawn next year!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I will try it again this year. Last time was not good.

I just saw a new one posted by Proven Winners. Beautiful. I will check their normal nurseries to see if anyone has it.

I am taking it easy today and enjoying all my hard work.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 9a)

Just wanted to report back on my first order with Rosy Dawn Gardens and let everyone know how happy I am! The plants arrived in fantastic condition, and were much larger and healthier than I was expecting. The packaging was excellent, and I'm AMAZED that the package made it so fast! They shipped it on a Saturday and it arrived today (Monday).

I'll definitely be ordering from Rosy Dawn again! I'm a VERY happy new customer!

Pics attached.

Thumbnail by look_alive Thumbnail by look_alive Thumbnail by look_alive

Wonderful! That company is a gem as are their plants.

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

Don'tcha just love their packaging? It amazes me how large & healthy the plants are when they arrive.

Did you get a bonus plant(s)?

Rosy Dawn has never disappointed me. My order will be coming at the end of May.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I did not unpack the two boxes. My helper did. I was fighting off a cold. But I am sure I did receive a bonus. . I have had two die but I am sure it was not Rosy Dawn's fault.

I will try to take a photo today. They have been in the ground 2 weeks now.

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

My order arrived yesterday. YAY!! 37 plants + 4 bonus plants.
About 15 of them are for my Mom. That's been her Mother's Day gift for the last 5 years or so.
I used to have her go to the website and pick out what she wants. She never makes it past the A-D part of the catalogue. "There's too many!!! I can't choose!!". she says. LOL!!
Now I pick them for her. As long as she gets Duck Foot & Inky Toes, she's happy.
We have them in peat pots for now. I'll start planting them this week.
LOVE me some Rosy Dawn!!

We really need photos of your coleuses, Nancy! I love your arrangement of plants.

taipei, Taiwan

Because we don’t have such a professional Coleus supplier in Taiwan. I took the risk of placing orders to Rosy Dawn from Taiwan (my sister helped me to transfer the package to Taiwan) twice. The second ordering of 13 plants is successful because my sister added some water to extend their survival. Although the delivering is rather expensive, I will surely place a larger order next time!
I have checked the supplier list of coleus on this webpage. Among the 7 companies, Gephardt’s Farm and Greenhouse has been closed recently. What a pity! Only Rosy Dawn and Glasshouse Works can be real large coleus suppliers, while I think Rosy is better on internet selling service, they provide more detailed photos as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.