Using Daconil for Leaf Spot

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone!~ Acquired leaf spot last year on our Iris, which was aggravating since I always keep the weeds down and divide every few years. Got it anyway! Cleaned all the beds up good last fall and I have cleaned them up good now in April. The new growth shows signs here and there of leaf spot showing up again. I purchased some Daconil to spray on them, but I've never used it before.

Here's my question: It's 50 degrees out today, and the sun is shining. Is it okay to spray all my Iris with the Daconil mixture while the sun is shining on them? I can't find any info that states whether or not it will burn the leaves if I spray on a sunny, cool day.

Thanks for your help!

Grannyh

Forgot to mention that we just had 3 inches of rain two days ago. Beds are raised, so the Iris do not sit in any water.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2013 12:44 PM

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

I've never had a problem with "burning", so you should be good to go! I use a "sticker/spreader" in all my sprays, and spray to the point of "run-off". Be sure to do the entire leaf, on both sides....Arlyn

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Arlyn!~ Thank you for the info! The 'sticker/spreader' you use...would dish soap work?

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, I have used dish soap...but a" real" sticker will work even better, for one thing, it's chemicaly neutral, and won't affect any of the chems you are spraying. And it's cheap....Arlyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.