White Streptocarpella

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Does anyone have one of these they could trade or share? I have the lavender one, but looking for the white.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

White would be pretty . . . I'll have to check with the A/V nursery up the road to see if they have it in white . . .

Sanbornton, NH

I was just browsing through eBay and I found a white streptocarpella available for sale. The seller is looking for $9.25 for a 3 inch pot. Not as good as a trade, but I thought of your message when I saw it.

Earle

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

They often sell them at local garden centers in the spring.Have you tried looking there?

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I have never seen them around here at Garden centers. The blue one I have was given to me as a cutting, I believe. If I could find seed, I would try that as the blue one spreads all around with seed. That ebay price is too steep for me, plus I imagine there would be shipping for a tiny plant. Thanks for all the suggestions, and if you hear of anything else, please let me know.

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone, There is a Streptocarpus variety that has been available for years by name of 'Mason's White'
I have had it on and off since the early 70's. It is a medium grower, being an early hyb. it only two flower buds per stem, so you are best CUTTING leaves that no longer show new bud breaks, this will encourage new growth that's needed to get the best bud flower bud initiation. Once flowering commences it is a constant bloomer. I think I have recently seen it offered by Lyndon Lyons ,if its not listed on web side call em. They are very nice. LEE

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I used to have a white Strep I called White nymph. Wonder if that is same plant as mason's white? I am wanting the Stretocarpella that is white. I have the blue. I call the one I am looking for a white Streptocarpus saxorum.

Big Flats, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh sorry Crystal! I wasn't reading carefully! did have both forms of saxorum, but I am at times hospitalized and have taken some serious loses to my collections!I recall they make lovely baskests for my porches, both separate and mixed. Best of luck! LEE

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.