CLOSED: Spring Houseplants / Tropicals Swap

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Nice bunch of plants you got!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Yes I am very very happy with them. I am going to make a bigger pot for my succulants, maybe one of those tuffa things that don't weigh a lot and I can make square and pretty shallow.

Will be getting my tropicals together this weekend....to send out.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Tracking said mine were delivered May 6 in TX & I hope all is well , got to go cool off Back later

My box went out today, it should arrive in a few days.

Geez look at all the boxes flying out. I might have to sit in the driveway and chase down mail lady for my box...lol

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/07/18107999-deadly-giant-snail-found-in-houston

If anyone lives in or near Houston, please read this article. Giant African snails have been found, and they carry meningitis. Please don't touch them!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Happgarden - the large fern is an asparagus fern, the hibiscus is "Trade Winds" the succulents were all labeled on the containers they came in. Guess I just lucked out with the packaging, I tested it a few times and it didn't seem like they moved so thought it would be ok. Glad you like them!

Sue G

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh just a few more days, Elfie, waiting on something special to show up for you..

Sue I love them. They arrived perfect. I am amazed they traveled that well.
All of them were labeled I just forgot to write it down so I could list them.
It is just a great package.

Guess what I cound growing in my yard this morning?????

Red honeysuckle!!!!! This place is amazing. I feel like a kid in the proverbial candy shop. Every time I turn around I find new, cool, and interesting plants in my yard. I love this land. Just wait in year or so I am going to have my own RU, and you are all invited. I just want to be able to show off all my little micro cli.ates here.

Cutlerville, MI

Everyone is loving their plants as much as I am loving mine! What a great swap! I am excited to grow different houseplants this winter. They get a little spoiled since I get cabin fever REALLY bad with our long MI winters:)

Kris, that is great! Just be careful and keep any eye out for poison ivy and such!

Ralph says it is not red honeysuckle. Here is a picture

Thumbnail by

it's not. Look at the leaves. The red honey suckle has roundish leaves. The tubes are long and hang straight down and are slender. Be patient Lil Elfie.. That looks like a japanese lonicera.. very fragrant and aggressive. will eat your land up. I keep my wild honeys tamed. I will show you leaves of the red one tommorrow when it quits raining. It is raining forever, and i have water in the basement from the down spout of the gutter being plugged up mid length. Joe will be working on that this weekend, I am sure. my helper moved out 55 plants from the downstairs basement to the shade of the pine tree and thenorth side of the house. He did real good.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone,
I received a really wonderful box of plants from our Susie. I received a large rooted white plumeria , large aloe arborescens, large rooted orchid cactus slightly sassy, sedums Angelina ,and not pictured PULMONARIA. It was beat up during shipping. All it needs is some TLC. Which I will be happy to provide.
Thank you Susie for sharing your beautiful plants with me. You are always so kind and generous. Thanks again.
HUGS,
Patti

Thumbnail by rose318 Thumbnail by rose318
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is a couple more . OOPs they are sideways. Ok turn your head sideways. LOL Good thing I don't work on computers for a living I would have starved to death. I get goofy when I tired.
I hope made you laugh.

This message was edited May 8, 2013 8:43 PM

This message was edited May 8, 2013 8:44 PM

Thumbnail by rose318 Thumbnail by rose318

Kris, is this what you have?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1641/

great box of plants there , Patti!

That is one of the ones I have for sure..

Cutlerville, MI

WOW! More awesome boxes...Susie for not "doing" house plants you did great! Have a wonderful day!

Great box of plants....the plumeria is great, rooting those is no easy task. I have several and they love heat heat heat. Last year during the heat wave and no rain they were sooo happy. I got blooms off of a couple, now it is my understanding they won't bloom until they have two branches, kind of like brugs.

Yes, that is what I have,, Linda. I need to see how much there is. It is crowed out by those awful sticker vines I have. Would rather be overgrown with honey suckle than the stickers..

ROTFLMWO.... Manda is so funny.

I counted 4 tulip trees on my property today. and in only in one very small area. They are all over 80 to 90 feet tall and in full bloom!!!!

Cutlerville, MI

Hee hee Patti, I think you are set for Aloe:) How wonderful to discover new plants all around your property! I was all excited this year, to find a small batch of Grape hyacynths:)

Oh Elfie I so want another tulip tree. I could look out the bedroom window and see it in bloom like I was sitting in the middle of it, it was soo close to the house. It was huge like the ones you are describing. Then one night during a thunderstorm lightening hit it and it fell on the covered front porch, car, and the boat! I will have to see if I can dig up that picture.

Well think I have alot of my package ready to go....just a few more items.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I received my DELIGHTFUL box from Alicia today --Alicia you done good girl LOL!

I got a beautiful orange kalanchoe (have just the dark blue pot to put it in too)
The cutest hoya (and how did you know I was just coveting this very same one at the garden center last week!)
A lemon button fern (this one is a new one to me - just great!)
Rex Begonia (so unusual - love the dark foilage)

Thanks so much - great partner!

Sue G

Thumbnail by CheerMom

Just got home. Ralph took me to see Ironman 3D. It was the best one yet!7 I was very bad and ate alot of popcorn and drank lemonaid. We had a nice date night. Now to check on a couple of things and go to bed... Night alll

I should be mailing my buddys box ( Elfie ) on Saturday with tracking. That is an awsome box of plants, love that kolanchoe..
I have two small tulip trees, they are just getting started.
Joe and will be out Saturday night for our Date Night. I always eat a kids tray of popcorn and mug rootbeer. Cheaper than a medium pop with a small popcorn and I always eat and drink it all. Went and picked up some hot pink vincas and impatiensduring lunch hour, they are still in the back seat of the cougar. Worked on tearing down the basement gardens, cut up the hibiscus plants and chopped down the butterfly clerodendrum, and got the banana and her two pups out and planted. Joe stayed home today to fix the broken gutter, and haul the bananas up from the sump pump in the basement. Tonight, I went tromping around a dark playground on a catholic church school property , that was covered in ft tall weeds, and we were looking for a lost phone. I volunteered to go look so maybe we wouldn't have to buy another one, and thought we heard it vibrating, but I told her that noise was frogs.. Her phone must have fallen face down, because my idea was look in the dark while calling her from my cell, for it to light up. Of Course it was lost forever, just like the glasses one year while she was walking home from school, and we went lookin for those too only, in 3 ft snow. That was over 15 years ago. And even to make my whole night, my "I never want to drive" college girl said she would drive us there " since I know where I am going", she says. She is turning 25 this September, she rides a 300 dollar red peewee herman bike with white walls and a basket and horn. The basket has had so much stuff brought home in it, it is falling apart. I thought I would get her a new basket. Now I am hoping she will want a car. We both know she can drive, she doesn't want to take the test and fail . ( she says) When I told Joe she drove tonight, He smiled and thumbs up me and said "alright" He sure taxi's her around when he is home from work. I don't.
Enough rambling, I need some sleep. G'night dears...

Cutlerville, MI

Sue..I am so glad you are pleased! I saw that hoya and just melted..it was so darn cute:) It screamed...SUE G .....SUE G.....:)
So glad you're happy! Have a great day everyone!

Wow, those are beautiful plants for sure!
Debra, did you find any new plants to bring home while walking the church yards? Sorry to hear she lost her phone!

Happy Birthday Kris, hope you have a fantastic day!

Thumbnail by taters55

I can't wait to send out Kris her box. Happy Birthday to you! Nothing but weeds at the church ground, LK.

Thanks Linda and Debra,, Ralph is taking me to breakfast. Yummmm.

Enjoy your day Kris!

New swap opened up. Joy/rouxcrew opens the 2nd Annual OLD, NEW, BORROWED AND BLUE Swap Sign Up, come and check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311874/

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes I receive a lot of great plants. Thanks Susie and Alicia.

Jaye has opened her red, white and blue swap, come and check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1311912/

Does anyone know what these are?

Thumbnail by happgarden
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

zebra aloe?

Blackshear, GA

looks like ledebouria/scilla...leopard lily

Either way the leaves are c
ool....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.