RoundUp in Greensboro, NC on June 1, 2013

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Awesome AmandaEsq is organizing a RoundUp in Greensboro, NC, for June 1, 2013. :):) Go here for info:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304780/

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 8:30 AM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ha ha - thanks. How did I miss this one?

You posted during my crazy group project at school. Looking forward to the event! I thought I posted here, but again - due to brain confusion maybe not? Sorry!!!

Not so awesome. hahahah.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Lol I knew you were busy with school. :) We just need to convince people to come! :)

I still think you are awesome, and I guarantee others think so, too. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

pshawwww. But thanks. Every now and then a little flattery helps. :)

Showy Evening Primrose!!! Available at the Carolinas Round up! Whoooo!

hello? Anybody besides Dawn listening? hee hee.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Maybe if we keep talking, this thread will get long enough to make others want to look. ;)

Come on everyone...who doesn't love free plants and hanging out with other garden people? :):)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

We are pretty busy with the SW VA roundup happening this weekend in Stuart, VA.

I hope you will enjoy the MGV plant Sale tomorrow. I will be occupied today putting plants and things together for Saturday, but we will start beating the drum for our GSO event louder next week!

For those of you who haven't been, the roundup is at the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market on I-40. It's operated by the state, and it is giant ... like some state fairgrounds and just as fun. There is a craft show scheduled the weekend of our roundup so there's that to look into. Plus the plants, the foods, the wares all make it a (I'm going to come out and say) fabulous time for friends and family.

Please join us!

Even if you have nothing to trade, you won't go away empty handed, and you will never regret having more fun than less! I think it's a great day trip, and we have reservations for lunch at the Moose Cafe right on the grounds. They have an excellent menu and FruitOfTheVine says the homemade meatloaf is "to die for." :)

Okay, well there's my plug for today. I can't wait, and for those of us in the Carolinas who are behind in their garden efforts due to the weather, I am counting on the RUs to get this year's new plant collection ahead by warp speed.

See you there!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Now that I am done with the Scholastic Book Warehouse sale, I am literally counting the hours to the sale tomorrow and Sat! I am so excited about the sun today. I want to go plant some seedlings, but I figure I better wait to see what I get at the sale. :) I get to mix up a batch of vinegar/salt, instead to kill poison ivy. Yuck. :p (Thankfully, I do not seem to be allergic...nor my daughter...but, to be safe.)

I am looking forward to trying the chicken n dumplings at Moose. And, yes, the farmers market is awesomely big! Everyone should check out Jammin George inside the covered area (near Mayfield ice cream). He makes great hams and hummus, and he is fun to talk to. :):)

http://www.jammingeorge.com/jamblog/2012/03/now-located-at-piedmont-triad-farmers-market-exit-208-off-i-40/

Enjoy your gardening, today!

This message was edited May 9, 2013 12:50 PM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks - it has been a fun day even though I spent most of it inside. Just taking this weather one day at a time. Sounds like you have a very full week planned. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hmmm I notice we are still the only two still talking. Anyone else listening? :):)

I am trying to make it a fun week for Celeste, since she did not go on the field trip to PA (she has low tolerance for buses full of screaming kids). She says it is successful. :)

MG sale was pretty fun. I finally identified this plant I threw in the backyard two to three years ago. I have wanted to put it back up front, but Celeste wants to keep it. So...I got my own pot for $2 of Spiderwort. It tolerates shady sun quite well, b/c that is what it gets in the back. :)

I also got yellow iris (though, I have bad luck with them...but, they are so pretty!), yellow and gold, sundrop (meant to put that back, as I think Fruit is giving me something similar), and garden phlox (not sure what color, but they all seem pretty). For Celeste, I got her balloon flower. She bought a black/blue, baby lilac, bee balm, and dianthus. They gave us coleus and crepe jewel starts. Not too bad. :) I was hoping for gaillardia and lupine, but that is ok. I am pretty happy. I cannot wait to see what is left tomorrow. :)

This message was edited May 10, 2013 10:23 AM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I have gaillardia a plenty for you.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Aww Thanks! :):):):):)

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

i am watching and wishing I could be there. Unfortunately I wont be in the Carolinas until late June Early July.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Well hey, CARAT:

It'd be fun to meet you if you get over to this side of the continent. Do you shuttle back and forth? What a lifestyle! Please tell us about your double life. :)

The RU in Virginia yesterday was such fun. This was my third time, I guess Susie's only been doing it for 4 years. Only. These folks are more fun than family.

I'm whopped and haven't unloaded the car yet from yesterday. Wait till you see the haul.

xox

Unfortunately we do live between both places. We bought the home in SC 7 years ago with the intention on moving within 6 months. But as they say, best way to test Gods sense of humor is to make plans. So instead, we have been traveling back and forth as much as possible. I made the best of the time I have been waiting my going back to school and earning a degree in Urban Horticulture, I graduate on May 20.
We have set tentative plans to move July 1 of next year. Ideally both DH and I will leave at the same time, but his father has taken a turn for the worse so if he is still with us by that time I will leave and hubby will follow later.

Once I move I would love to get together at a round up or two. Plants and flowers are completely different from one coast to the other. Hopefully you all can help me learn to garden in that climate.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, I hope you can make it next year! Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It sounds like he is not expected to make it. :( Good luck on the move.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Come on, guys....Fruit and Amanda have great lists. Go check them out! Mine is less exciting, but I would still love to share!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304781/

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

CARAT, What part of SC if you don't mind me asking? That's my home state. I grew up in the Piedmont Region, moved to Columbia when I first left home and lived there for many years. Congrats on your upcoming Urban Horticulture degree.

Dawn, I have plenty of Sundrops if you didn't get enough at the sale. They're so pretty. My patch has spread over four years but is far from being out of control. I'm pretty sure there's a fresh pack of Lupine seeds in my stash I'll be glad to divide with you.

Fruit, our home is in Filbert, the home of Stacys Gardens and greenhouses if that helps. It sits between Clover and York.

That's very familiar territory, Carat. I wish you well with your move next year and look forward to meeting you at one of our Round-Up's.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

More sundrops and lupine seeds sound awesome, thanks! :):)

Gotcha covered for them over on Manda's RU thread.

Do lupine reseed easily? These are a plant I have always adored in photos. Never actually seen one in person as of yet. They don't like our heat here.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, I've tried to grow them from seed without success. What happens is I usually get caught up in my seasonal employment, whatever it is for the summer, and lose track of my seedling projects.

I've added some things to my "availability list".

Dawn - about tomatoes and other vegetables - last season Kerrie (Chickory31) brought some peppers and tomatoes which were all grabbed up and eagerly!

A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I will dig some up, then. Thx!:)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Come on...who else is coming? You know you do not eant to miss out. We do not bite. :):) I am going to take a good luck at my garden tomorrow and start moving things around....maybe I can add more to the list. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

We have a friend now coming from Alabama to challenge our Carolina gardeners.

Chatter is picking up on the RU thread, here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304780/#new

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.