How do I care for my snapdragons now that spring is here?

Alpharetta, GA

First- Is there a way to search a specific forum? I hate to post a question that may have been answered but I can't see a way to search just one forum....

Anyway- I planted some snapdragons last fall and they bloomed and were very pretty. Once the blooms died, I deadheaded them but the green foilage stayed all winter and it's still there now. They are bushy and need some grooming if I am supposed to keep them and not cut them down.... (I'm new to gardening)... I heard they hate hot summers so I'm assuming they won't last through our summer (I'm just north of Atlanta).... Will they bloom again yet this spring? Or just next winter?

I'm not sure how to care for them now... Advice?

Thanks in advance...

Lula, GA

Mine always bloom in the Spring. Give them a little boost with some fresh fertilizer and enjoy. Seems like i remember them blooming well into the late Spring, early summer.

~Brenda

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, they are good in the cool weather months of Fall and Winter in the metro Atlanta area and will pick up again in Spring with some grooming and fert throughout Spring. They are actually usually more showy throughout Spring. They won't survive the heat once summer sets in.

Is there a specific forum you are looking for? You can look at communities on the main DG site. Other than that the gardening is regional. Sometimes it is best to ask in your own back yard.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.