Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

This is the Plant Swap & Chat Thread for those coming to the Spring Swap at Jan's place in New Jersey on Saturday, May 18th. Spring is here so now is the time to start.

HAVE & WANT LISTS, I will have a separate thread just for the lists so they don't get lost in all the chat. You will be able to look at the lists then come here to make requests and chat about your trades. Some of you may want to make prearranged swaps and this Chat thread is where you can arrange them.
Have and Want lists let people know what plants you are interested in, or give you an idea of how much of a particular plant to bring. It also gives you a chance to look up unfamiliar plants people are bringing and see how they would fit into your garden.
It's not necessary to prearrange all your trades, There will be lots of on the spot swapping. Don't hesitate to bring extra plants as there will be friends and family here so I am sure that you won't be taking those extras home with you. You may also find that what you think of as a common plant is on someone’s wish list. So just pot up your extra plants and seedlings, come and enjoy. Jan

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hurray Jan!

If I email you a pic or two can you use it from there?

Or, can you borrow one of these below from me or someone else?

Holly and Sally seemed to use related pics for each of the four swap threads: Chat Haves and Wants Food...

Remember to reserve one or two of the first posts on each thread you start so you can add things later, like a running list of who will be attending.

Just starting the Chat thread is an adventure and it can always be 'upgraded' or 'edited' as one goes along! Take heart!

Let me know what I can do....I can find better pics for you if you give me a theme like your favorite flower or plant?

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Welcome all DG friends, I am hosting a Spring Plant Swap

WHEN:
Saturday May 18th starting around 11:00 till……
Lunch will be around 1:00. It will be a covered dish.
We set the 11:00 start time to try and give people time to get here but earlier arrivals are welcome and so are late comers.

WHERE:
Jan's house in Pennsville, NJ
I live right near the Delaware Memorial Bridge. We are right across the river from Wilmington, DE. About 30 miles south of Philly. About 60 miles north of Baltimore. When it
gets closer I will DG mail my address.
So please check the next post to be sure your name is on the list. So that I send you my
address.

WHO:
All DG & Cubits Subscribers their families and friends are invited.
Children of all ages included.

WHAT TO BRING:
Folding table or blanket and chairs to set up your swap area. We have a few extras but if you have room please bring your own.

Something for the covered dish luncheon

Have / Want Lists

Swap thread for chatting and organizing your swaps and trades.

You: Most important thing to bring is yourself. For those of you that have never been to a Swap you should know that you don’t have to bring plants to the swap to attend, you don’t
even have to bring plants to take some home. If you don’t have much in the way of plants or seeds to swap that doesn't matter. There are plenty of plants to go around Gardeners just love to share their Gardens. This is a great way for new gardeners to start off. These events are as much about just getting together as they are about trading plants.

This thread is for general info, organization, who is planning to attend, and for answering any
questions that might arise. Pretty much anything that is NOT food or plant related. Please
keep food and plant trades chat on those threads. I’m going to save a few spots at the top of this thread for my info, you are welcome to chat after that.

Please check the top posts of this thread for updates, more information, and links to additional
threads. Jan

<

This message was edited Apr 4, 2013 9:02 AM

This message was edited Apr 4, 2013 9:11 AM

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/test/all/

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

This is the Plant Swap & Chat Thread for those coming to the Spring Swap at Jan23's on May 18th. Spring is moving in fast so now is the time to start.

HAVE & WANT LISTS, I will have a separate thread just for the lists so they don't get lost in all the chat. You will be able to look at the lists then come here to make requests and chat about your trades.
Have/Want Thread

Some of you may want to make prearranged swaps and this is where you can arrange them.
Have and Want lists let people know what plants you are interested in, or give you an idea of how much of a particular plant to bring. It also gives you a chance to look up unfamiliar plants people are bringing and see how they would fit into your garden.
It's not necessary to prearrange all your trades, There will be lots of on the spot swapping. Don't hesitate to bring extra
plants as there will be friends and family here that do not access DG so I am sure that you won't be taking those extras home with you. You may also find that what you think of as a common plant is on someone’s wish list. So just pot up your extra plants and seedlings, come and enjoy. Jan

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Have/Want Lists “Only” Jan23's Swap

Please put your Have/Want Lists here and edit them as needed.
I would like to try to keep one post per person so we have a neat organized thread.

Do your requests and swapping chat on this thread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.