April 4th, 2013: Clematis-flowered Columbine 'Nora Barlow' (Aquilegia vulgaris v

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for April 4th, 2013 was Clematis-flowered Columbine 'Nora Barlow' (Aquilegia vulgaris var. stellata).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2013-04-04

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Columbines have always been one of my favorites and I have never had any success in growing them in 9B. I tried in New Orleans too with little success. I think its the heat and humidity alas and alack...

Anyway! On a positive note these pictures are bee-you-tee-full!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I should then try to grow these, David. No heat or humidity here! I just love this photo, reminds me of a watercolor.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Absolutely delightful!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I know you can grow them Arlene...Lucky Gal!

Yes, we can grow all of them, David. This one self-seeded itself in this spot - much too tall for that tiny area. I love the double pleated ones and the granny's bonnet type.

Thumbnail by pirl
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

No exaggeration needed and completely honestly Arlene,...............

"Perfect, perfect, and perfect on your exceptional picture, landscaped bed, and the Columbine is the Star! {:-)

5 stars!

When the blooms were done I ripped it out. It was totally out of place there. That's one of three beds that need no weeding at all so it's my favorite one! Thank you, David.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.