Grandma's Quilts...

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Hello Quilters,

My Florida Gardening forum friend Qwilter, said I should send pictures of Grandma's Quilts and so I will send this one first. I actually have 3 and the other 2 are better I think but packed away...This is the last one she made so its special too. I don't think it is nearly as sophisticated as some of your works,... and I know that much af the material came from old flour sack material she had saved over the years. It measures approx. 6 X 7.5 Her name was Carrie Louise and she had been Quilting since a young girl but most of her quilting was done from the mid 30's to this final one in 1966 for Her family.

My Aunt Suzie sewed the tag on with some other info. on it for me many years ago... ( the last picture )

Thank you,

David

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!