New arbor

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

My wonderful husband built me an arbor as a Christmas present. A "before" and "after" shot. Lavender trumpet vine (evergreen) on the trellises, and a Drake Elm bonsai on left, "Yuri Hime" Japanses maple bonsai on right.

Thumbnail by happytail Thumbnail by happytail
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Great job. Great husband - congrats on both!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

You should enjoy those for some time- let us know how they look as summer ends!

Ripley, MS

Nice Christmas gift, I too want to see it at summers end

Newport, TN(Zone 7a)

Oooh, It is so pretty! I would like to see some photos of it once the vines grow thru the spring and into summer. What a thoughtful gift from your husband. It gives me an idea of what i want for my climbing peace rose. I am lucky to have a handy kinda guy , i gotta put him to work!

The plan for the arbor started with a Lowes project plan. We altered it a little to fit the space.

Just an update on the arbor. After about 15 months, the Lavender Trumpet Vine has reached the top of the arbor. I added some daylilies at the base of the fountain, and 2 Drift roses. Crepe myrtle and Drake elm bonsai on either side now.

Thumbnail by happytail
Ripley, MS

Hap, that really looks great ! I am loving the drift roses, I got one to try.

I love the coral drift roses, and the peach has some beautiful variations in colors. The apricot has a little darker foliage, and is a little taller than the others. But they are all doing great. The "Flower Carpet" ones I have has in the past, and they spread all over the place. These are much more civilized.

Newport, TN(Zone 7a)

Very Lovely!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Wow, that looks beautiful! Love the additions you've made with the roses and the DLs. I know you're enjoying watching the progress.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Don't you love your vision materializing right before your eyes. It looks very nice.

Yes, I do love seeing everything coming together. Working on a plan for a pergola back by the marsh. Maybe after Mark retires...

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

That is lovely, happytail! Isn't it satisfying to watch one of your "projects" as it grows and matures into a piece of beauty!!
I'm working on a shade garden myself right now and hopefully by summer's end the caladiums, hydrangeas and other shade plants will have filled in somewhat. Of course, I will have to replace the caladiums every year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.