Can I? Really? Tomorrow?

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I have several annuals that I bought from Annie's annuals. They are hanging out on my front covered porch. Really want to get them in the ground, but it has been a sllloooowww spring in coming! It was 70 degrees today in the Raleigh/Durham, nc area. Supposed to drop again tomorrow to a couple of days of high 50s and low of 34 for two nights, then climb back up, hopefully for the season. Do you think I can go ahead and plant my annuals out tomorrow with the two 34-degree nights coming and they do fine or should I wait some more. These guys have been in pots for weeks and they are ready to break free! These are the annuals I have:

Platystemon cream cups
Nemophila penny black & Baby blue eyes
Cerinthe major blue honeywort

Thanks for the advice!

Florissant, MO

Personally, I think you'd be wise to wait until those two cold nights have passed, maybe plant out on Thursday. Looks like you might get some rain on Friday. I know you're anxious to get started but it's only a couple more days, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Art

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, if I need to wait, they will have to be planted next week. I'm off work through Wednesday and I think I saw rain Thurs & Fri. They seem to be OK in the pots, but I don't want to push it. The more time they're in pots, the more chance I get to screw them up!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.