Hello from Webster, FLorida

Webster, FL(Zone 9a)

This area is not your typical Florida. We sit outside to enjoy nature, know our neighbors and live in a rural, country environment. We have woods, lakes and rivers instead of palm trees and beaches. The excitement for the week is the invasion of outsiders coming to our Monday Flea Market, or coming to fish, hunt or camp. I found this site researching what to do with my yard which had been turned into a jungle of poison ivy, poison oak, stink weed and prickly pear. We had been gone for a year due to my husband's job, these unwanted visitors thrived in the shade of my oaks and killed much of my yard. The battle to regain control has begun and if mother nature will cooperate I believe by summer I might have a yard pleasant to look at again. I have met several great people on this site and read invaluable information about new plants to try. I love ferns, bromeliads and roses but have found several new plants I am going to welcome into my little corner of paradise.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome to Dave's and good luck cleaning up your place. There are lots of great people here that have years of experience, so if you have questions, just ask!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.