CLOSED: HAVE: Yellow Morning Glory (Ipomoea ochracea) seeds

Edinburg, TX

Have plenty of Yellow Morning Glory (Ipomoea ochracea) seeds to trade. This is prolific bloomer and seeder!!!

Am looking for seeds or plants that are butterfly larval hosts or bulk seeds that are good nectar sources. D-mail me if interested.

~ Cat

Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint Thumbnail by TexasPuddyPrint
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

And I have tried and TRIED to grow this from seed - no luck!

cornwall, ON(Zone 4b)

Sent you a D-mail. Sandra

Edinburg, TX

Thanks all... I did gobs of trades!!! If anyone reads this and is still interested d-mail me.

Cat

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi, I shared my seeds with 3 other people! The gardening lady lost hers after they came up. LOL and the other two have theirs in a sunny window & mine are climbing all over the place in the greenhouse. Can't wait for them to bloom. Thanks again! Judy

Concord, NH

would love to try these

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Mine are in a hanging basket outside but still no flowers.

Edinburg, TX

Buttoneer....in pots they've put out blooms the second year...but very few. They really do thrive in the ground...well out here anyway.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Mine are still in the same hanging pot but no flowers. So I have to plant them in the ground?

Edinburg, TX

When I had them in hanging pots I got just a few blooms and the vine only about six feet long. Once I put them in the ground they grabbed onto anything within reach and grew like crazy...bloomed prolifically too. They last for years and don't die out after a season. They stay green all year long here.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

What zone are you in? I'm in zone 6.

Edinburg, TX

Zone 9...south tip of Texas...land of 100+ degree weather! LOL!!!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Just wanted to let u know that I planted all my MG's in the ground to see if they would bloom better.

Edinburg, TX

Funny thing...I sowed some seeds into those jiffy pellets and kept forgetting to water them. Nothing sprouted and they'd been sitting there for months. I finally threw the pellets onto the dirt of a potted tree and it rained a few days after. I went outside to check the yard and there are gobs of seedlings sprouted! The tree is a young annona squamosa and precious to me...so now I have to decide whether to yank the YMG seedlings out before they start growing big or maybe transplant them!!! Amazing what rain water will do!!!!

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

If you ever have any more of these please let me know.. Mine bloomed pink. Still trying for yellow.

Larkie

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Mine are now back in their hanging basket in the greenhouse for the winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.