Midsouth RU swap list

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Post on this thread your plants that you want to swap or what your looking for

My have List:

Here's a start on my have list.

Loretta: Kiwi gold raspberry, blackberry plants, raspberry acres. Jurrassic park tb iris
Genna, sedums, and Jurassic park iris , Jacob's cline monarda.
Kim, Jurassic park iris, jewels of opar, pink lily of the valley, variegated lily,
Marilyn. Miss Kim lilac sedums , purple moon flower, sedums
Mary: blackberry plants
Sandra: blackberry plants and kiwi gold raspberry plants, Kentucky colonel mint
Trish : lilac

This message was edited May 30, 2013 7:10 AM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just marking my spot.

Caitlin's Giant Aguga - Kim, Kathy Ann
Butter burr - Kathy Ann, Marilyn
Raspberry wine monarda and crocosmia, redbud - edging - Marilyn
raspberry wine monardo - trish
nursery pots and trays - trish
passion vine - Sandra
edging - marilyn

This message was edited May 5, 2013 1:37 PM

This message was edited May 16, 2013 4:24 PM

This message was edited May 27, 2013 5:12 PM

This message was edited May 30, 2013 7:45 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

To give:
I have two peonies dug up and potted for whoever wants them. I think they are a pale pink or either white with a pale pink edge.

I also have pink, white and yellow lilies I can divide. These are hardy and will come back every year with babies!
I also have some white narcissus I can divide.

To give to list:
Kim: lilies and narcissus,
Genna: lilies, hyacinth bean vine
Trish: lilies and a peony
Charlotte: hyacinth bean vine

Plants being brought to me from:
Kim: hosta, peacock fern, leather leaf fern, sensitive fern, oak leaf hydrangea
Charlotte; Crocosmia, Raspberry Wine Monarda, Butter Burr
Genna: double phlox, peppermint schnapps hibiscus, red sage
Trish: helianthus flore pleno and hot lips salvia
Kathy Ann: Miss Kim lilac, purple moon flower vine
Sandra: Hot Lips salvia, coneflower

This message was edited May 27, 2013 8:04 AM

Ripley, MS

Works great, will have to see how much I am able to do with Eli !

Kathy Ann--coneflower
Kim--amsonia
Marilyn-hot Lips, coneflower

This message was edited May 25, 2013 10:01 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You will have your hands full with Eli! I can remember keeping my grandson's for just a few days by my self when they were that age!

Ripley, MS

I spend half the day getting him out of stuff now---still have to do laundry, cook, feedings, it is a chore !

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

To Give:
Jap Maple Seedlings--Trish--potted
Sensitive Fern--Marilyn--potted
Peacock Fern (Rainbow)--Marilyn--potted
1 Leather Leaf Fern--Marilyn--potted
Painters Palette--Trish--potted
Hosta--Marilyn--potted
Oak Leaf Hydrangea--small--potted--Marilyn
NOID Rose--Charlotte, Loretta, Genna--potted

Would Like:
KA--Iris, Jewel Of Opar, Pink Lily Of The Valley and Variegated Stuff ;o)
Marilyn--Lily, Narcissus
Charlotte--Ajuga
Trish--Helianthus Flore Pleno, Aster, Fern, Dogwood and Grancy Gray Beard
Loretta--Rose Campion
Sandra--Amsonia
Genna--Hibiscus

This message was edited May 29, 2013 9:29 PM

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Here's a start of things I have to offer...
Have list
Dogwood Tree saplings.. White flowers with red fruit in fall (5 potted more upon request)
Grancy Grey beard saplings..(4 potted more on request)
Stokesia Peachy Picks Aster (3)
Superbenia lavender (2) Sandra,
Woodland phlox
Tall pink phlox
Tall fern (same as last year ) if yours didn't make it I have more.
Purple Bee Balm (came from KA)
Helianthus flore pleno (4)

Spoken for
Sandra..superbenia
Kenny... Iris, Dogwood tree, Grancy grey beard.
Marsue -----helianthus flore pleno
Gen --------aster. tall pink phlox, helianthus flore pleno
Kim-----helianthus flore pleno, aster fern dogwoods and grancy grey beard
Gen----- dogwood, grancy grey beard, purple mornarda.

Things I requested

Marilyn ---lilies and a peony
Marilyn -- raspberry wine monardo
Kim ---painters palette, jm sapling
Gen--- double phlox

This message was edited Apr 29, 2013 1:48 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2013 1:16 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2013 1:35 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

KA - I would love to have a Jurassic Park Iris, and I might want some of the sedums for Natalie - she is wanting to make a bed with succulents - thought she might want some of them. I have Autumn Joy that I can share with her, and two tiny ones that I got last year in one of the coops. But, I can't think of their name.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Kathy Ann I would like the raspberry plant. Thanks

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I got you both down, I have several of the Jurassic park iris to give away.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I also have several of the golden raspberry plants,

Ripley, MS

Kathy Ann how many of those do you need to harvest ? I would like to have some, but don't have any idea where I would have a place to grow them

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Are u talking about the kiwi fall gold raspberry plants? I've got 3 pots now w about 3 to 5 plants in ea pot and I missed quite a few runners that are still in that bed. Which I keep trying to get up. The rain will bring the green back to the top of tr ground again so I can see them to dig more. I'll save u the rest of them. In one year one plant will spread to make 5 or 6 more plants. They spread 3 times faster than the red raspberries do.

Ripley, MS

No don't save them for me, I don't have room for something that spreads like that. I know they are delicious though, I am working on a daylily trade now and have no idea where they are going to live when they get here !

I would like an iris, KA. I will take the kerria but only if no one else wants it.

I have a few things to put on my list...will post more later

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I dug up two peonies the other day and potted them for anybody who wants them. I think they are a pale pink or white with a pale pink edge. I have no idea what the name is because they were here when I married Al.
If more than two of you want a peony, let me know because there are others that I can dig but I need to do it soon as they are just now coming out of the ground. I want to dig them before they get too big.

Kim, I will take any extra fern that you might have that aren't spoken for. We have LOTS of shade here and there are plenty of places I can put them if you think deer won't eat them. ;)

If anybody has any hostas to share I could use a few.

Kathy Ann, all of the sedums that you gave me at Jim's survived the winter except for Mr. Goodbud and Purple Emperor. If you have any starts of those, I would appreciate them. thanks. :)

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 2:27 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm not sure what I have yet. Haven't had time to look - but will soon.

Marilyn, hostas are a real delicacy to deer!! I took a whole bunch of hosta to Wildwood one year and so did some other people. The deer came through and ate EVERY one of them down to the ground. I'm talking about 40 or more hostas. Damaged them so much they never came back.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I suppose I better back off on the hostas then. The deer probably won't bother them this summer as they did not come around last summer but in the fall when the acorns fell, they were in the yard every morning early so they would most likely get the hostas this fall. :(

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Someone spoke for the Kerri's. but they didn't post here on daves. If I still have it in June. It's yours Kim. I'll try to remember to put I down for the iris Kim tonight when I get home from work

Marilyn. I lost the purple emperor. I think I still have mr good bud. I'll try to get some rooting this weekend. Hope I didn't forget anything. I'll go back and reread tonight.

I did go out and check on the kiwi gold raspberries and they r popping up in that bed again that I'm trying to clear out. Got 10 more or so. I can't seem to get deep enough to get the roots on them though. But I'll try.

I have other things also to list. Well see how time goes. I got baby poppies coming up. I'm very excited to have them back in my gardens.

I do have to dig up the extra japonica Fallopias. They r poppin up where they shouldn't be.

I have lots of weeding still to do. And no time to do it. As usual. We got a work outside weekend coming up this weekend. I hope between me and Danny we can get alot done !

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Could everybody go and check if I've got you down for what you wanted from me, I've not posted the requests till now and want to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Kathy Ann I would like some blackberry plants and Raspberry acres TB iris

This message was edited Apr 22, 2013 7:29 AM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok, i'll put you down for them

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

did you want a Jurassic park iris too? I didn't see I had you down for that one.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Yes, Kathy Ann, I would like a Jurassic park iris, also

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, I discovered that I have a Mr. Goodbud sedum in my front flower bed so you can give that one to someone else. Thanks!

I also have some lovely lilies and some pretty white narcissus that I need to divide. Let me know if any of you want any of these as I am going to give the bulbs to someone here locally if none of you want them. I will dig them up now and put them in pots because these lilies will be blooming around the middle of May. Here is a collage of the different colors from photos I took last year. Of course, I have no idea until they bloom what color each lily is.

Thumbnail by marsue

I would, Marilyn, one of each please. Thanks.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

These are full sun plants, Kim. Do you have a place for them? If so, you are more than welcome to them! :)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

lol, I haven't even cut it yet to root, my bad! lol will put you down Loretta for jurrassic park

Yeah, Marilyn, sunny on the side beds.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Marilyn, I would like a start of the lilies as well if you have enough.

Thanks
Genna

Marilyn, I am going to get rid of a couple hostas that I have had forever (I need to room for newer hostas lol) Do you want them? Deer will most likely not be kind to them!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm going to have raspberry wine monarda, crocosmia, lamb's ear, mexican petunia, variegated solomon's seal, butter burr, chinese lantern. The butter burr does best in a very wet location. I have some that has been in the ground several years in an area that is well drained and just gets a normal amount of water. It still only has about 3 or 4 leaves. The other is in an area that collects water and it has grown by leaps and bounds! I've given away a lot of it but it just keeps on producing. But don't expect it to do much unless you have a wet shady area. The chinese lantern Kathy Ann gave me and suddenly this year they are coming up everywhere. I love them. I will probably have other things but just trying to get something down on the list. I'm going to be really busy in May so I'm just going to dig up what folks want. I also have several young ladies and one gentleman in my neighbor that want some things from my yard. I do have some older hostas that really need to be divided. But they have gotten so big that it's a task I really can't tackle!! Hopefully the young man will want some hostas and I will get him to tackle the job. If he does and if any are left I'll bring them.

Forgot variegated walking iris and Caitlin giant aguga.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2013 9:06 PM

Ajuga for me please, Charlotte. I will have to look up some of the other stuff ;-)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Charlotte I'll take the butterbur I have some still in a pot that Kenny gave me, so it's not multiplied, g oing to plant his soon, I'm finally getting things done around the yard, and it's starting to look decent. planted all my stuff from Memphis and what I got yesterday from my trip to bj's with kim is all planted YAY!!!

OMG! You have been working hard, KA! All of mine is still sitting on the deck! Eventually, all will be planted...by October any way!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann will put you down for the butter burr. Kim I still have plants I bought last year still in the pot!! I found 2 clematis and 3 passion vines I had bought on sale at the end of the season and put in the greenhouse plus some other stuff!!

I just sold a huge piece of furniture this afternoon. It's loaded with stuff I've got to take off tomorrow before they pick it up. Then I've got to find another piece to take its place. It filled a whole 10ft wall. That's why I don't have time to plant stuff! But I'm not complaining!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ha, Genna! I have a bunch of lilies and thank goodness I have already dug up a few of them. You most certainly may have one. I'm not sure if I will have the energy to dig up anything else for a while because my pacemaker battery is failing and it makes me really tired. I will be fine as soon as I get a new pacemaker, though, but I don't yet know when that will be.

Kim, I will go ahead and take the hostas even though we do have deer around here. They don't come around our place until the fall and maybe I can cover the hostas with chicken wire or something to keep the deer away from them. Also, I am going to try the white plastic bag trick and see if that keeps them away from my plants. We have cages built around our two Japanese Maples.

Charlotte, your booth has certainly been doing well. It seems you have sold quite a bit lately! I'm sure that is welcome news for you. :) I would like one of the raspberry wine monardas, and a crocosmia if you have enough of those to go around.

Kathy Ann, I don't know if you saw my earlier post about not needing Mr. Goodbud sedum. The one you gave me decided to make an appearance plus I found another one in my other flower bed. :)

You got it, Marilyn!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn do they just wait until you can tell the battery is running down or do they schedule you to have a new battery every so many years? Hope you get that fixed soon!

Yes my booths are doing very well. I've created a business again - more inventory than just playing. I sell a lot every day. I've been able to keep my furniture turning really well. But that means I have to buy new things every week and then that means everything needs to be rearranged. Guess I just had to see if I could still do it! I have found someone that I can hire to move the really big things for me.

Will put your down for the raspberry wine monarda and the crocosmia.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.