Midsouth RU Food list

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Post what you will be bringing for food here on this thread. We will be having Finger foods etc...

Kathy Ann: Bourbon meatballs, and queso and tortilla chips, tomatoe/cucumber/avocado salad /starbucks lemon loaf and or raspberry cheesecake bars, which ever you all want, and chicken salad w driedcranberries and mandarin oranges/pecans . crackers
Kim: barbecue weenies
Sandra: spinach dip and Hawaiian bread
Charlotte: Piminto cheese and bread and a fruit tray
Marilyn: Baked beans and a dessert--
Loretta: turtle cookie bars and broccoli salad
Genna: dessert
Terrye: cups/plates/napkins plastic silverware

someone needs to bring drinks, like diet if they drink diet. I'll have sweet tea and 2 liter sodas available. I can make unsweet tea if anybody will drink it.

This message was edited May 21, 2013 6:49 PM

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll bring something but don't know what yet!

Ripley, MS

The swap thread link didn't work for me

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It didn't for me either Sandra. I had to go to Mid-Forum to find it.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I,ll go fix that

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll decide and let you know later what I will bring. That broccoli/chicken braid looks delicious, Kathy Ann!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will either bring bbq weenies or a dessert...maybe both! I will double check with Sandy but I am betting she will bring brownies...or oriental salad.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Tell her to bring that oriental salad!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I was going to say I loved her oriental salad!! I may make one broccoli/chicken and one something else instead of two broccoli chicken wraps.

Okay, put her down for the salad.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

As Scarlet O'Hara said: "I'll think about that tomorrow." LOL It's too early for me to decide what I will bring. :D
Besides, we only have one of those small refrigerators in the fifth wheel so I'm not sure how much I can get in it. I may have to pick something up at Wal-Mart in Searcy before we get to Kathy Ann's.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Have we been thinking about what we will be bringing as far as food goes?

I'm planning on making several things.

Ripley, MS

????? Thinking, thinking, thinking ! What if I pick up some spinach dip and Hawaiian Bread on the way?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm thinking too! I think I'll watch the list and since I'm closer by will see what we might be short on and make that. I'll make a couple of things. Kathy Ann let me know if you have some specific ideas of what you need me to bring.

I just finished making myself a from scratch banana pudding with meringue on top!! Just have to have one of those every once in a while. It'll be breakfast, lunch and dinner for a few days!!! LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Danny loves home made banana pudding like that, it's the only way he likes it. I'm making a veggie tray aand some kind of dip , some kind of crescent roll braid with either ham or chicken and broccoli, or maybe some of my home made chicken salad with crackers, or maybe a lunch meat and cheese tray for sandwhiches, dip and Hawaiian bread sounds good . I don't realy have anything in mind, just want to make sure we have enough "Food" items, kim is bringing her weinies and bbq sauce , that always goes over good. I'm also making queso .

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Don't try to make too much food Kathy Ann. We will have plenty! You don't have enough time to do all that!! I will bring some kind of "real food" finger food. Maybe some little sandwiches? I'll also bring something else and that will depend on what it looks like we might need - "food", desert, etc.

I'm like Danny that's the only kind of banana pudding I like! It's really not that hard to make.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, you are busy so I went back and made a list of what people have said they are bringing:

Kathy Ann: chicken/broccoli braid or maybe chicken salad
Kim: barbecue weenies
Sandy: oriental salad What does this oriental salad have in it? It would help to know so the rest of us won't duplicate it
by bringing something similar with a different name.
Sandra: spinach dip and Hawaiian bread
Charlotte: little sandwiches and a fruit tray
Marilyn: Baked beans and a dessert--we seem to be shy on dessert
Loretta: turtle cookie bars and broccoli salad
Genna: dessert
Has anybody else said what they are bringing? Maybe the others haven't found this thread yet?

This message was edited May 8, 2013 5:47 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

No I'm not bring banana pudding.
I'm bringing sandwiches and a fruit tray.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

I will bring Turtle Cookie Bars and Broccoli Salad

Loretta

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay. I have made the changes and additions on my post above. I did this for myself so I could see what all we will have which helped me to make up my mind as to what to bring.

Marilyn, the only thing that I know about Sandy's salad is that it has ramen noodles.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks everybody !! Guess I haven't been keeping up w that list too well. Lol.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I am planning on bringing dessert .... not sure what else, but can fill in as needed. Is everyone arriving at KA's on Saturday morning??

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty much except those that are spending the night :). Come
When ever u want

Booneville, MS

KA, do you need me to bring the paper goods; plates, forks, napkins, cups, whatever you need? We could pick those up on the way.

Terrye

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That would be awesome. Thanks terrye. What time will u ladies be here Friday ? I'm getting excited. Sandra said y'all were bringing a blow up mattress. Still bringing it? I have a cot too. U might want to bring a pillow if u have a fave. All my extra blankets and pillows r down at the camp.

Ripley, MS

My pillows usually go where I go !!!! The time will be up to Terrye, I will be ready when she wants to go

Booneville, MS

Sandra, you know I'm an early bird. We could leave early and run by nursery in Memphis? Maybe?
I'll have my pillow with me, too.

Terrye

Ripley, MS

I will be ready, just let me know when you want to leave.

Booneville, MS

Leave your house at 7:00?

Ripley, MS

Okay dokey, I will be ready !

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, I'll be home all day Friday after I go yard selling fri morning, so just come on by when your in town and you can move in with me for as long as you like lol

is Cindy still coming with you guys?

Ripley, MS

Cindy is coming from her house to your house. As far as I know she is still coming.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh ok Did you tell her to bring her air matress? I need to ask Marilyn, what time she and Al are coming in too.

Ripley, MS

I am bringing the air mattress, she said someone borrowed hers and tore a hole in it

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

We will be leaving sometime on Friday, May 31. Plan to get there late Friday afternoon. I need to map out our route to see which way will be shortest. I want to avoid as many curves and hills as possible so we may just come down Hwy 65 and then over to Searcy through the Heber Springs area. I need to see how far it is if we come that way. It will probably take us about 4 hours to get there since we will be pulling the fifth wheel. We have a couch in the 5th wheel that makes into a bed if anybody needs it. I have never slept on it so I can't vouch for how comfy it is but it is available if needed. It's probably only big enough for one person.

Kathy Ann, did you say you would have water hook-up for the fifth-wheel and electricity?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes I have water and electric. You know Heber and the back roads from Heber to my house are very hilly and sharp curves. And the only way to my house from Heber is the back road

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hmmm, I am going to check on mapquest. I don't think coming down through Mountain View would be any better, do you?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Nope. It's pretty but not for a huge camper lol. I'm no good w directions. U may have to come some of the back roads.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.