Sugar Savers & Ikebanas

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

Hi...my sisters and I are throwing a shower for my nephew's fiance and I'm in charge if the thank you for coming gifts and helping with decorations.... here's what I'm working on....

Picture 2: These are the thank you gifts, they are sugar savers. They are about 3 inches each. I will put them in a cellophane bag with some hershey kisses and close with a pretty ribbon attached to a card that explains how to use them. You soak them in water for 15 minutes, pat dry and then store in a sealed container with your brown sugar, it keeps it moist. They can also be used to keep other things moist (cookies for example). Or if left dry they can be used to remove moisture. And for those that don't cook, they can drop some scented oils on them and use for air fresheners!

Note that I now have a stamp to use instead of signing my work, looks pretty professional eh? Some day I will actually start selling my stuff and I'm one step closer!

Picture 1, 3 & 4: These are for the table decorations, they are ikebana's. they are about 7 inches round and about 3 inches high. I've got pin frogs to insert when done that will make it so the flowers stand up. I'm going to glaze these white,aqua and gray. We will use tulips, daffodils or daisys (will decide closer to the actual shower date, hopefully my daffodils will be blooming).

Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy
This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!