Still Looking

Ranburne, AL(Zone 7b)

I have received a few plants .Thanks to everyone. My husband died and had to leave all my trees, herbs,bulbs,lilac bushes and cannot even count what all was under 3 ft. of snow . Looking for any plants ,pots etc. Thanks in advance . God bless

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Have you asked folks in your neighborhood to share starts with you?

Please keep in mind that 'free' plants are quickly going the way of the Unicorn, in that we are all struggling to meet our own needs, and money is tight. Postage is very expensive, so if you are asking folks to 'donate' plants and postage, that might be hard to do.

If you can grow from seeds, then I'm sure more of us could help you.

Ranburne, AL(Zone 7b)

I was paying for shipping but have run out of monies ,Had to go buy Car .The engine torn up in mine so I had to go in debt .But seeds would be fine also..Thanks Porsha

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I would be willing to send what I could to help you......please give me your mailing address......Deb

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Put a "Wanted" notice on your local FreeCycle site and watch the offers pour in. http://www.freecycle.org/

Also, just drive around your neighborhood and knock on doors and ask if you can take a cutting or seeds of something you see in their yard. I have never had anyone say "no." I must have 40 plants in my yard from just by asking.

Ranburne, AL(Zone 7b)

I did get some from my neighbors and family . I am able to pay postage again .Very little .I am disabled trying to live on half the check since my hubby died .But do not except people to do when they cannot . Thanks again .Porsha

Ranburne, AL(Zone 7b)

Porsha Price 155 County rd 609 # 12 Ranburne ,Al 36273 ..Thanks so much .God bless for blessing

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Porsha,

I am not sure if you are aware of this but since your husband has passed away you can now give up your SS and get his. His is probably more than yours. Also, you should be getting a disability check, if not, look into it. Hope this helps....

Ranburne, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks for infro ..

FU, United States(Zone 9b)

pprice, did not know that Alabama got 3 foot of snow!!? --- That is ODD to me.

Hope you do not "pray-on" or "con-on" people's sympathies.

Take care.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.