Most natural BT product?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I am looking at getting some BT this year to treat for pickle worms. I know there are a variety of BT products out there. Can anyone recommend the most natural of the BT products?

Erin

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

Erin - You need the one that will kill caterpillars. Here's a link to the one I use:

http://www.ghorganics.com/Thuricide%20BTK%20for%20Caterpillars.html

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks! I'm checking it out.

Erin

Fort Worth, TX

I bought some thuricide last summer, then realized my worms were monarch caterpillars, so I haven't used it yet. How many years does it keep?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Good question. I just got some thuricide today actually, from a source I trust. Big box stores aren't known tobe very organic, natural or health friendly.

Erin

Fort Worth, TX

given the kind of caterpillars I have, unless I see webworms again, I probably won't use my thuricide at all.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Gypsi, I had some Bt concentrate for caterpillar treatment and it seemed effective for a couple years. 2-3...

Fort Worth, TX

I have been picking my fake monarch caterpillars for 2 days, they are grapevine skeletonizers.. Will spray with thuricide after the rain passes... Thank you Sally, for your reply

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Army worms are chewing up my tomatoes, swiss chard, broccoli, collards, etc. I sprayed them, but the rain washed it away. I sprayed again and think I got a lot of them, but there are still some alive. I need to spray again. Just can't stay ahead of all the rain.

Erin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.