Hibiscus Black Baron

Kenner, LA

A few pictures of Hibiscus Black Baron in bloom in our backyard. I hope you enjoy.

Thumbnail by MajiA Thumbnail by MajiA Thumbnail by MajiA Thumbnail by MajiA
Tarpon Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Gorgeous bloom, thanks for sharing.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Nice!
It's getting warm enough here, I'm hoping to get my hibiscus out of the greenhouse within the next few days. I hope to have pretty bloom pictures to share soon myself!
Barb

Belton, TX

Breath-taking!

Kenner, LA

Thank you everyone for your comments. Very much appreciated.

Collierville, TN

Hi Maji,
I got your cuttings- thanks so much for sharing!
Hug,
Jen

Kenner, LA

Jen,
I am glad that you got them I hope they reached in proper condition. I hope you are successful in growing them.

Take care,
Maji

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

MajiA, your Black Baron is stunning!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

What an incredible flower oh my. Just breath taking.

Jan

Kenner, LA

Thank you Mipii and Jan.

You're welcome...my pleasure. In fact, picture no. 1 is so stunning, I'm hoping it's available for download. Wouldn't that make the best desktop wallpaper? A month later and I can't stop thinking about it.

Kenner, LA

Mipii,
Please Dmail me your email id and I will email you a large jpg file that you can use.

Thank you,
Maji

THANKS! You have Dmail...are you a professional Photographer?

Kenner, LA

Robin,
Thank you for your kind words. I am an hobby photographer, not a professional.

Couldn't think of better desktop wallpaper. Thanks so much, it's just beautiful. All I have to do now is clean off my desktop -- to give myself an unobstructed view of 'Black Baron'. Gorgeous macro Maji!

Kenner, LA

Enjoy the pictures. I am happy that you are enjoying them.

Maji

Naugatuck, CT(Zone 5a)

One of the most stunning blooms I have seen! Do you share seeds? Would be interested.
Thanks
dem2rd

Its nice to have someone else from Louisiana on here.Love the beautiful dark color.

Cody

This message was edited Feb 8, 2014 9:37 PM

Kenner, LA

dem2rd... Black Baron is a Tropical Hibiscus, and difficult to set seeds. Also, the seeds will not produce the same offspring. Only way to propagate is by cuttings. I have shared cuttings of this plant before, and the pruning/cuttings for this year spring is already spoken for. If I have extra, I will drop you a note and if you are still interested, I can send you. But no promises at this time.

Southgal, where in Louisiana are you? I am in Kenner.

Coushatta.A hour from Shreveport.

Naugatuck, CT(Zone 5a)

Many thanks, fingers crossed but understand. Maybe you should consider doing something with the photography...it is well done.

Kenner, LA

Thank you dem2rd.

Southgal... this year winter was brutal down here. Hope some of my hibs survived. Almost everything is brown now.

Majia,i hope your hibs make it.It seems you have some very lovely ones.Yes this winter has been very tough and cold here in Louisiana for us.It has been a very rough winter in this state this time of year.

Cody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.