Spell checker?

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

Am I imagining this, or do we now have a spell checker? I misspelled a word and it changed!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmmm. might be what messin with my phone programs. ask in computer forum Bee.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Wouldn't that be great! Test checkker?

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I have it on my iPad not on DG itself.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Always been that way for me I use spell check on my computer ,It works about 95% of the time ,,

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm on a laptop, not a phone.

Yup, if I type a misspelled word, it gets corrected. Very weird!

Even weirder is if the computer doesn't recognize a word, It will underline it in red, and when I right-click, I can choose the correct word.

Microsoft did a huge update to this machine yesterday, perhaps the spell checker was included.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

My sister is a student , she has had Microsoft spell check as long as her Acer aspire . I think it came as part of the package she chose with her 2007 or 08 laptop.
A Google chrome book seems to be the new choice , Now we have five laptops , I don't think the original Panasonic book case counts though , and it is like picking up a book case while it is still full of books .. Little thing weighs a ton...

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

juhur7,
Which spell check program to you have to check the spellings in the forums? I would like that a lot.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2013 8:29 PM

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks, never mind, I have a spell checker in Chrome, but I was using IE.

Just found this spell checker for IE. It seems to work OK, it does the red underline thing also.

http://www.speckie.com/

This message was edited Mar 15, 2013 9:08 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Microsoft on automatic always does mine , my files, my notepad ,my internet , I think it came in with Microsoft office and word, not sure really
I have that above in my files also , didn't know it until we started typing about it here ..

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

HoneybeeNC
this is what happens if you are using MOZILLA FIREFOX to view the internet ... are you?
Trust me I know. With my bad English I have a lot of underlined words ... I just click on them with the right button of my mouse and woila' ...

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I did some research and found something called "Visual Studio" from Microsoft. I suspect I have had this on my computer, and the recent update activated it.

I did full scan this morning, fearing I might have a virus, but none was detected.

I was trained as a "touch typist" many, many moons ago - having my errors changed automatically, I suspect will make me a "lazy typist" LOL

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

I confess, sometimes I post to forums when I'm at work - no spell check.
From home, I have spell check.
Seems backwards - I ought to be able to have correct professional spelling at work
Then kick back and do e-Litterate-R-us at home.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I think any spell-checker is in your browser, not DG.

Talihina, OK

I never had spell check before recent changes to Chrome now it is everywhere did not especially want chrome but due to changing my phone from AT&T to verizon I have been denied access to my IE pages

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

grits74571, if you really want IE can't you just change your internet preferences back to IE as your browser?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

grits-understand the chrome/android and IE fight thing. add IE as favorite or shortcut...just a nuisance thing

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.