DJ9 2013 SPRING - FALL PLANT SWAP PT 1

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW HARD TO BELIEVE BUT SPRING IS ABOUT HERE ANYONE WANTING TO JOIN US FOR OUR APRIL PLANT SWAP SIGN UP HERE .

I HAVE LOST TRACK OF HOW MANY YEARS WE HAVE DONE THIS .BUT MY GARDENS HAVE REALLY GROWN
OVER THE YEARS.

THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE ABOUT THE SAME AS ALWAYS .

WE ASK ONLY THAT WHEN YOU SIGN UP WITH US .

1. JUST MAIL OUT BY OR BEFORE MAIL OUT DATE OF THAT MONTH.

2. YOU USE FLAT RATE OR PRIORITY MAIL OR UPS WITH CONF# !!! NOW CONF #'S ARE ON ALL BOXES.!!!

3. YOU WILL SEND NO LESS THEN 5 VERY NICE ROOTED PLANTS FROM YOUR GARDEN OR FROM GREAT SALES YOU FIND :) & CAN SHARE .

4. NEWBIES : IF YOUR NEW TO GARDENING & NOT MUCH TO SHARE & WANT TO JOIN US TO FILL YOUR GARDENS JUST LET ME KNOW & WE WILL TRY TO HELP YOU :)

5. PERENNIAL ONLY BUT YOU MAY ALSO SHARE BULBS . WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY IF YOU SHARE DAYLILIES
PLEASE SHARE DBL FNS .

SURE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US . OR EVEN STAY & CHAT WITH US
SUSIE

NEW WANT & HAVE LIST 2013 Players

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303692/

HAVE'S & WANTS LIST 2012
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

This message was edited Mar 22, 2013 4:53 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

TATERS55
AHOOGSTRA
JOESWIFE
GOLDHILLAL
LANAKILA
PFG
WWKATHY
MUD_ELF
ROSE318
POISONDARTFROG
CHEERMOM
VELMANSIA
TAYLORDAYLILY
FOTV
CZIMMERMAN00
MITTSY

This message was edited Mar 24, 2013 7:54 AM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sign me up Susie, when is the mail date please?

by April 26th but it will be posted on the April thread when I assign partners :) this is mainly to see how many would like to join us . but glad to have ya :)

Cutlerville, MI

You know I'm in Susie!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Sign me up, Sooze

2013 annual froggie swap is open, come and check it out, lots of fun!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302502/

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Don't know if I'll be up to swapping but I can certainly chat. lol. ^_^

welcome Ladies Nice to have ya here Please tell your other gardening friends . let them know they don't have to trade each month . SORTA CLOUDY here today so good time to bake for my neighbor today :)

Players
DEEJAY9
TATERS55
AHOOGSTRA
JOESWIFE

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I won't know for a few weeks if I have anything to send in April, but certainly by May I can...

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Throw my name in the pot!!

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm in!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ok....Haven't been out to look what's happening in the garden yet this season..last time I looked there was a 3ft. drift at the gate.... But I should be able to do one box by then. Yeah!!!!! Spring is almost here, not talking about the one on the calender, altho 'spose to be 70* here today and snow tomorrow night..

Same here kathy but usually by mid to late April we can find at lease 5 plants to share :)

Hey Susie,,, I will be a tentative yes for now. I am seeing a few things pop up. So hopefully I will have something to share this year. So glad most of all my moving is done!!!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Count me in please.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Add me Susie, one box only this time. In addition to at least 5 perennials, I may add a fun annual or tropical, depending on where my partner is.

Holly Springs, NC(Zone 7b)

Can I jump in for May? I'm not really going to have anything ready for trade before Easter. :(

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

What is DBL FNS?

I am a little confused about the frequency of this swap. Is it an ongoing or month by month thing? I don't want to be signed up but for one month at a time.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Monthly swap?

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

It has been mentioned about more than one box and also something about months. That's what confused me

Dnl fans is double fans, and in the past, several of the girls swapped 2 or 3 boxes. This swap is for just one box, just as Susie described at the top. Susie also has several swaps during the year, sometimes once a month.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

OK. Thanks for explaining. I sure want to do this. I thought dbl might be double, but I was trying to hard on the rest! Sometimes I am just a bit obtuse.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'd love to join. Would need to know if shade or sun, indoors or outside.

No one has to sign up for every Month You Just sign up when you KNOW You can get to your Plants & Be able to Share Nice size Plants.

Its Not to hard to get 5 Nice plants into a box & Be able to ship without stressing them we just ask that they are washed off & Wrapped in Moist Paper towel & or Newspaper.

last year many of us traded with 2-3 partners in one Month so that we could get our plants in before the heat.
& that is up to you but i cannot keep track as i used to so when i set up partners if you have already exchanged plants you will have to tell me .

hope we have answered your questions . please ask away :)

Pending on weather & Growth is what these swap go by . So we will do what we can in april .

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Ok then, I'm in...

gottcha pam not feeling up to par today but will try to get back in later today

I went to a garden hands on event this morning in Cocoa Beach. We made a concrete leaf casting. It was such fun. I purchased some beautiful spider plants and was given some cuttings of brilliantly colored coleus, proceeds to benefit a local garden group. My iris are in bud and should be blooming tomorrow. The Amaryllis are outstanding. Some pictures from my tiny garden. Freesias in large tub. Tomatoes and peppers in 5 gallon buckets, cantalope melons, yellow kalanchloe, double peach hibiscus, bananas on the palm. Apple Blossom Amaryllis.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Crown of Thorns, Spider plants, topiary ivy and dbl pink kalanchloe, Amaryllis.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

more ivy, peas, tomato, coleus cuttings.

Wow, you have a lot in bloom, how do you keep them from freezing?

very nice Mittsy Looks very warm & Inviting down your way still very cold up here & 2" of new snow last night :( GN All signing off here till tomorrow

Cutlerville, MI

Mittsy, Your pictures are amazing! I am doing a big veggie garden this year all in containers:) I may need your advice on how to grow. Are Crown of Thorns hard to grow? I've seen some really beautiful pictures of them. Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Antioch, TN

Susie, all my goodies from last year died off ....thanks to the moles.....so I am in. Hopefully I can find some survivors for trading.
WWK, I was hoping to have a garden that looks like yours but .......nada.

Good news! I think I finally got rid of those moles , haven't seen any damage thus far.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please count me in!

Sue G

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Dear Mitsy, I love all your flowers and plants , how did you get your COT to bloom?

VEL welcome I'm sure that something will be back for you Lets Hope those little Devils are bad at times :( I have a cat that takes caree of them around here . we would love to have you Join us :) Just Join when you can . It might be May before I Can swap .

Gee one of those nights just cannot sleep been up since 3 am what do you all do when you cannot sleep ?
I Know part of this is the Vertigo Just took a dramamine so that will Knock me Out probable by 6am :) Hehe

well off to check other forums before I get sleepy :) oh & Have a

Thumbnail by deejay9

Here at the condo we have these tiny walled gardens, Elizabeth has beautiful COT in all different colors and can start new plants from them, she shared some cuttings with Will. I was visiting and looking at the geraniums I had given him last May when we left. They're getting ready to bloom now. He had blooming Crown of Thorn plants in large planters and they were so impressive, I asked where he got them. From Elizabeth, do you want some, YES I do, the pink ones. He rooted cuttings for me but they turned out to be the red ones. He is now rooting the pink ones for me. I tend to kill off things that do not need a lot of water. Kill 'em with kindness and lots of Miracle Gro, is my motto. The cacti do really well when I'm not here to "care" for them. I need to cut back on the watering for the dry loving plants. When we get freeze warnings I bring them inside to the screened patio and shelter them with sheets or towels.

Cutlerville, MI

That's awesome Mittsy! How blessed we all are!
Have a blessed day eveyone!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this and would like to join. I was wondering if you trade ground covers as well. Thank you for any help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.