I got sprayed (I think) in the eye whilst pruning roses

Newcastle(NSW), Australia(Zone 10a)

It stung like ......well, you know what! What bug does that? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a citrus stink bug as I am all too familiar with THAT smell; and I would have seen the ugly little s..t!. At first I though there was a wee bug still in my eye, but no.

That was yesterday; today, my eye is red and gluey. I don't have any eyedrops in the house and I wouldn't know what to ask for!

Help!?

That can be very dangerous ...should have been rinsed with milk straight away.
Try a rinse with Saline solution
http://www.pennilessparenting.com/2012/01/homemade-saline-solution-recipe.html
If that does not help I am a great believer in Golden Eye ointment, but really you should go see the chemist at least.
Nasty business! Good luck with it.

chrissy

Thanks Chrissy, I need another tube of golden eye ointment anyhow. It's the good stuff to have for a serious, or any other, eye problem.
The current tube has been used for the cats. 2 of them have fairly chronic eye problems, Buster with Feline Herpes and Jink the Goddess, is always rolling in the dirt to get rid of excess fur which she sheds constantly; as far as I can see it doesn't work for her and all she does is pick up flea eggs and get dirt in her eyes and ears!

! I didn't know about the milk! (er, warm? cold?)I will keep that in mind! Thanks again, Chrissy.

Luke warm for comfort but cold is fine ...it forms a protective coat over any foreign stuff.
A Doctor told my mother about this when we were kids. It saved my brother's sight when he had lime in his eyes as a toddler.

chrissy

I appreciate your help, thanks once more, Chrissy. I think I will be wearing protective goggles in future! I do not want that to happen again.

I always have Golden eye ointment on hand. It does more for my cats than the vet's prescription.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.