Phila Flower Show Pictures

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I took a few pic at the show and hope you will enjoy them. There are a lot of mixed plants and I don't have names for most of them. But I am pretty sure that these all fall under the Gesneriads Family.
The first one is Sinningia leucotricha

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A few more.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

At the show??? They aren't sitting on your plant stands??? WHAT?? LOL! Very nice pics, thanks for sharing. They are all Sinningias except for the last one. It's a strep. The first looks like a pic of Sinningia leucotricha :) They all look so happy. Wish we had shows closer to my area.

Connie

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

WOW!! The 2nd set are streps. Guess I should be glad there aren't any shows here...or should I say Hubby is probably glad lol

Connie

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Those were all entries in the show. I would have lost a hand if I had touched them. That first one is Sinningia leucotricha I had no idea they had that they grew out of that big bulb. I thought that was so cool.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The Phila Flower Show is huge listed as the "largest indoor flower show in the world

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

You lucky Girl :) Maybe next year you can enter one of your own. Wouldn't that be so exciting??!!!!

Connie

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Great pics Holly!
I love Sinn. Leucotricha! It's one of my favorite non-strep gessies! I have one that just woke up a couple weeks ago.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Love the pictures Holly! Looks like a wonderful show.
Lynn

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Not this show Connie, too big for me but there is a nice little show in York that I am hoping to enter next year.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I found a few more.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Williston, ND

nice pics,i want a leutrica sooooo bad,
jim

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I do too Jim!! I want a leucotricha and a Bullata and there are others....LOL

Connie

Williston, ND

i have bullata and a few other goodies
JIM

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Nice pics. That leukotricha is very impressive. Here is my treasure waking up.

Thumbnail by carpathiangirl
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Very similar in size to mine Maria.
I'll try to post some photos late tonight or tomorrow.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

I love Sinningia leucotricha! Have been looking for one for a while. Bought some seeds from ebay, but they didn't germinate at all :-(

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was hughely impressed with the Sinningia leucotricha.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Sally, I will try to find leucotricha for you, Jim and myself. I had a chance to order seeds but was talked out of it because it was one that is usually available. I regret it now :( If I can't find a plant I will break down and order the seed.:))

Connie

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Seeds from ebay worked well for me, not every one germinated but I got a few seedlings. I wouldn't hesitate to start them again if had a chance. One of the cutest plants to watch growing!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Connie, thanks. The seeds were impossibly tiny. When I first opened the pack, I thought it was empty. LOL! I started them in a mixture of peat moss and perlite (more perlite than peat moss). Not even one seed germinated after several months.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.