Vintage glass beads

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Hello,
I don't frequent here on this forum, but now I have a small reason to visit and show you what I have. Glass beads and tubes which may be 60 years old. They were once a decorative hanging set at the door. I'm thinking of making it again for old memory's sake. I had seen this when I was young, but the thread [cotton] snapped in many places and it had to be dismantled. The hangings were from tiny holes in a wooden rod through which the thread was passed and tied at one end. I hope you know what I meant to say. I think they are glass beads - 7 colours. The last picture is of the glass tubes. The shiny coating is on the inside.

Does this have any other uses other than the decorative doorway hanging? Just asking . The beads can be used for necklaces.

Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!